C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Replacing Hood and Headlight on PFL to FL fitment?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 04:50 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
Replacing Hood and Headlight on PFL to FL fitment?

Hey guys,

While my car was parked outside the house, my neighbor's trailer somehow left its parking spot and hit my car The damage was a hole in the front bumper, broken headlight, and a small dent on the hood.

My question is, can I fit the BS or FL hood and headlights on the PFL bumper? To get the FL headlights, what do I need to replace besides the hood? People on here seems to be replacing the bumper with the hood or just the bumper only. The bumper looks the same on the edges (same curves on PFL and FL) but the difference seems to be in the hood. I don't like the FL bumper, so if I can't find a decent BS style, can I fit the PFL bumper as well?

Any help or suggestion is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 04-21-2017, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Your biggest problem are the headlights. I believe to do it right you need a new SAM unit, headlight control module, headlight switch, and tons of coding has to be done. I think people tend to lean towards it's cheaper to just get a facelift. A member also said they had to use a Kabel Daviko harness to prevent error codes.

You should be able to use the PFL bumper but there will be some gaps around the headlights. It's close, not perfect.

I wouldn't do it unless I got the bumper, headlights, and hood all together. Also -- Like I said, the headlights are a headache.

I'd replace with correct model year OEM parts.

Also -- This has been discussed quite a bit. Instead of doing a forum search, do a google search for facelifting a c63.