C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

For Sale feeler: Renntechs Shorty Headers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 12:04 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2010 C63 P31 AMG
For Sale feeler: Renntechs Shorty Headers

Been awhile since I posted but wanted to gauge interest in my set of Renntechs shorties. I've used them for about 2.5yrs. I had them removed due to a crack a year ago which was repairedd reinstalled. A month ago it was removed again because of a gasket leak. The mechanic noticed 4 additional external weld cracks so I reinstalled my oem units while I get them repaired properly. Both headers were taken to FFTEC to have their master welder repair them. He inspected the first crack and said although repair work looked crude, it is fine. He thinks my broken engine mounts contributed to the new 4 stress cracks in the welds. Internal flow should be unaffected and without issue. Most cracks occurred on external welds. The headers were not redecked on the flange to be flat so there is a little warpage which according to FFTEC and mechanic should tighten right up when reinstalled with new gaskets.

I cleaned, sanded the old and flaky ceramic coat off and redid both units with VHT high temp paint and primer. It has not been baked yet or installed so proper curing is needed when it's installed.

Having second thoughts up reinstalling because it would cost me $950 again to have them put back on + $450 was already spent to fix the 4 cracks. May sell my car end of this year so trying to justify expense. Unit will need new head gaskets and bolts.

Would anyone be interested? Selling for $990 shipped. No low ball offers please. Email for details or questions.

Left header

Back of left header

Back of Right header

Right header

Shot of inner tube which had been grinded down to external weld repair

Shot of other inner tube grind

1st crack crude repair but works fine.
Prior stress crack left header

Prior crude weld

Stress crack right

Stress crack

Renntechs m156 badge prior to painting over

Last edited by SROC276; 05-04-2017 at 12:10 AM.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:34 AM

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts
2020GLC63
Mad that is crazy to see cracks on 2 years old headers. Yes 1g for headers that need welding and may crack again in other area does seem like a lot of money imo.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:09 AM

2010 C63 P31 AMG
Originally Posted by brad65ford
Mad that is crazy to see cracks on 2 years old headers. Yes 1g for headers that need welding and may crack again in other area does seem like a lot of money imo.
Yes it is, was surprised. Both the welder and mechanic thinks it had a lot of do with engine mounts which were broken and stress caused.thanks for the feedback
Old 05-04-2017, 06:50 PM

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
991 GT3, W212 E63-S 4Matic, W205 C300 Sport 4Matic
Hey there, not real familiar with the exhaust layout on the W204 C63, but are these compatible with the OEM cats and I'm trying to wrap my head around what's going with these. Did you have them fixed already or they still need fixing by the buyer?

Thinking about a eurocharge V.6 tune. But these might go well with that ecu tune.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:30 PM

2010 C63 P31 AMG
Originally Posted by qmciver
Hey there, not real familiar with the exhaust layout on the W204 C63, but are these compatible with the OEM cats and I'm trying to wrap my head around what's going with these. Did you have them fixed already or they still need fixing by the buyer?

Thinking about a eurocharge V.6 tune. But these might go well with that ecu tune.
Yes these are designed to replace the oem headers and fit directly with oem cats. The headers were already repaired, black pictures. The last few pics were the before. I am running the Oetuning software in my car and they worked well. Should work fine with the eurocharged as well. These headers do not require a special tune to take care of the o2 cel when running catless. They should work well with a factory exhaust set up. Better if you remove the secondary cats which come right after the primary ones.
Old 05-05-2017, 07:59 PM

2010 C63 P31 AMG
SOLD

Thank you for your interest