C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What power steering fluid is in the car and what is a good fluid for track duty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
Can't use the Amsoil ATF. Need their Multi-Vehicle Synthetic Power Steering Fluid (PSF) from the pic above. Totally different things, I think I posted a link somewhere on what ATF will do to a hydraulic PS system.

Glad I researched before dumping in Motul Multi ATF like I was originally thinking of doing.
Oops my bad. I'll try to delete it so no confusion.
Old 09-01-2018, 02:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'15 AMG GLA45
What are folks using to pump the power steering fluid out of the tank before replacing with new fluid? I've got my trusty dusty Mityvac that I use for oil changes. Can I just use that?
Old 09-01-2018, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,674 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Mityvac MVA6891 Fluid Extractor

Works great.

I have a little update. Have been boiling my fluid all year. Even after putting the higher temp Redline stuff in, it blows out right through the cap. Changed out the reservoir and no difference. I’m going to either replace my power steering cooler with a larger unit, or add an auxiliary over the winter.

Two years ago I was blowing brake fluid out the reservoir cap, and ended up taking the red metal cap from the Motive Power Bleeder and plugging the hole in the top. That thing screwed on super tight and I have not had a problem since. Will look to do the same thing for the PS reservoir and report back. If that doesn’t work will probably need to replace the reservoir with something metal and more robust, like what some of the SC kits do with the PS reservoir relocation. Will report back when I get around to doing it.
The following 2 users liked this post by BLKROKT:
Duffer4126 (09-02-2018), Steiner (09-02-2018)