Sponsored by:

Wrapping Chrome Trim Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2017 | 01:15 PM

2013 C63 Coupe
Wrapping Chrome Trim Question

Hi guys,

Very simple question for you all... I have a Coupe and I'm kind of stuck at a certain point in wrapping the chrome trim around the driver and passenger windows. I've got all the trim off the car and wrapped EXCEPT for the driver and passenger front window trim. It's off the car, but the weather seal rubber thing is concerning me...

This isn't my car but this is the portion of the trim I'm talking about...

Anyone that's done this or has knowledge of the process; Does that rubber seal slide back in? It's easy to pull the seal right out (Tried pulling out an inch or two then stopped to try and figure out how to get it back in) but I tried wiggling the seal back inside the groove, but it doesn't want to get back in there... Before I just take the entire seal out, I wanted to see what others have done to get it back in the groove... Who knows, maybe there's something COMPLETELY obvious that I'm missing... Any ideas?
Old 07-13-2017 | 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG, P30
You literally just pull up and the whole things pops out with that seal. Careful though --since that piece is aluminum, it bends really easily.
Old 07-13-2017 | 01:31 PM

2013 C63 Coupe
Originally Posted by AMG3.2
You literally just pull up and the whole things pops out with that seal. Careful though --since that piece is aluminum, it bends really easily.
Sorry I must not have explained it well enough. All the trim is off the car. All of it. My question is about the removable rubber seal on the front windows. When others have wrapped it, did they take out that rubber seal, wrap it, then tuck it in that groove? Or, did you leave that rubber seal in place?
Old 07-13-2017 | 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG, P30
Nah -- I must have read it too quickly so it's all good.

From memory, I remember that seal fitting into a groove into the metal piece now? If so, I would remove that seal, put it aside, wrap the piece, install the seal back in the groove, re-install full piece. Getting all of those seals back into the grooves are very tricky though, again if I'm remembering it correctly.