C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Eurocharged V7 beta testers are guinea pigs for my Eurocharged V8 dyno results!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
Originally Posted by DavesMeanE's
LOL! Ya I read that debacle of a DIY when it was going on and I laughed. I feel sorry for whoever ends up with your car, or ANY car for that matter that has had the bolts done 1for1... I have PERSONALLY Re-Done, about 6 or 7 of those where the customer either did it themselves, or had an Indy do it, and had major problems afterwards. I do it the correct way, by pulling the heads - call me crazy...

That's an example of how to booger up your car!

Carry on!@
Woah, you're way more butthurt that I thought. Dang, well 5k miles later and not an ounce of coolant consumed.

I guess I'm screwed though!!
The following 2 users liked this post by AMG3.2:
604 C63 (07-20-2017), BLKROKT (07-20-2017)
Old 07-19-2017, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,576 Likes on 929 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
or ANY car for that matter that has had the bolts done 1for1... I have PERSONALLY Re-Done, about 6 or 7 of those where the customer either did it themselves, or had an Indy do it, and had major problems afterwards. I do it the correct way, by pulling the heads
So you've done a 3D stress analysis on the head and determined removing 1 of the 10 bolts would compromise the HG?

Or are you just talking out of your ***?
Old 07-20-2017, 09:28 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts
93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by Jasonoff
So you've done a 3D stress analysis on the head and determined removing 1 of the 10 bolts would compromise the HG?

Or are you just talking out of your ***?
The coolant consumption/misfiring of the cars I had to re-do (that were done 1for1) proves to me that it's the incorrect way.

What do you think?

Thanks

Dave
Old 07-20-2017, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 AMG
The coolant consumption/misfiring of the cars I had to re-do (that were done 1for1) proves to me that it's the incorrect way.
Sounds like you've made an assumption based on poor data. Did these previous vehicles already have a compromised HG? If so pulling the heads is 100% required.
Were these customers incompetent or possibly both?

Way to many assumptions and variables to warrant insulting another member. Not cool man...

What do you think?
I think 1 at a time is perfectly ok. It's very common on other platforms. Many have done it on this forum including myself with great success.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 P31 Coupe

What do you think?

Thanks

Dave
I rarely ever feel the urge to post, as evident by my post count. But the posts made by your as Eurocharged has swayed me away from your products. I don't care whos wrong or not, I run a business also and unless it's a kindergarten you never ever treat your customers this way.

You lost a prospective buyer as I was about to pull the trigger next month. I will begin my search for another tuner company.

Never let emotions affect your business.
Good day.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by AMGTQ
I rarely ever feel the urge to post, as evident by my post count. But the posts made by your as Eurocharged has swayed me away from your products. I don't care whos wrong or not, I run a business also and unless it's a kindergarten you never ever treat your customers this way.

You lost a prospective buyer as I was about to pull the trigger next month. I will begin my search for another tuner company.

Good day.
Hey man, don't let this clown's posts sway you. The crew at EC are a great bunch. I don't even know if this guy is actual EC or just a re-seller flapping his gums.

I'v already kindly suggested he adjusts his attitude but it was obviously ignored. Too bad...
The following 2 users liked this post by Jasonoff:
604 C63 (07-20-2017), BLKROKT (07-20-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 11:45 AM

Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts
2013 C63 AMG P31
Hey man, don't let this clown's posts sway you. The crew at EC are a great bunch. I don't even know if this guy is actual EC or just a re-seller flapping his gums.

I'v already kindly suggested he adjusts his attitude but it was obviously ignored. Too bad...

+1 nothing but positive experiences with EC so far.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 144 Likes on 110 Posts
2012 c63 AMG, 2011 GLK 350, 2019 GLS 450

he does actually work for eurocharged atx. Iv spoken with him and been texting him about some issues with my car that he diagnosed for me and it has fixed my car. He is actually a very nice guy. The guys at eurocharged atx are great and extremely helpful.
The following users liked this post:
DavesMeanE's (07-20-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 12:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 393 Likes on 272 Posts
2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by AMGonFire
he does actually work for eurocharged atx. Iv spoken with him and been texting him about some issues with my car that he diagnosed for me and it has fixed my car. He is actually a very nice guy. The guys at eurocharged atx are great and extremely helpful.

Im not entirely sure the setup, but there is Eurocharged and then there are franchises. I believe that Texas is a franchise, as is Toronto.
Same as with the cars themselves, there is a difference between the 'manufacturer' and the dealer.

I have only ever dealt directly with Jerry and Eurocharged, and they have been excellent.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:13 PM

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 AMG Black Series
Originally Posted by 604 C63
Im not entirely sure the setup, but there is Eurocharged and then there are franchises. I believe that Texas is a franchise, as is Toronto.
Same as with the cars themselves, there is a difference between the 'manufacturer' and the dealer.

I have only ever dealt directly with Jerry and Eurocharged, and they have been excellent.
Eurochaged Houston is the worldwide HQ. That is where Jerry is located and every other location is a franchise.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:24 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by AMGonFire

I'm the head janitor at Eurocharged ATX. I help roughly 5-10 per day, each day, including weekends and holidays for FREE from all over the world, just like AMGonFire via WhatsApp, FB, this Forum, text email or any other method people contact me by.

I am actually nice, but if you act like a know-it-all-*****, aren't patient, won't listen to simple requests or instructions? Don't expect me to beg for and work hard at the relationship - no amount of money is worth it, and it won't ever be. you'll get from me exactly what you give.

Thanks

Dave
The following users liked this post:
Infiniti (07-20-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 12:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by SuckaGDog
Eurochaged Houston is the worldwide HQ. That is where Jerry is located and every other location is a franchise.
Yep - That's 100% correct.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
Well, for me that is a very interesting twist.
That has me re-thinking my relationship with a company that I have very much
enjoyed dealing with until now.

I try to avoid giving my money to companies who **** talk their clients and prospective clients.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 290 Posts
'10 C63
1 for 1 sucks? I'm pretty sure Merc63 did 1 for 1 swaps on his headbolts and his car is stage 3 and runs 10s Supra guys do it all the time too.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG, P30
Originally Posted by chrisridebike8
1 for 1 sucks? I'm pretty sure Merc63 did 1 for 1 swaps on his headbolts and his car is stage 3 and runs 10s Supra guys do it all the time too.
Merc63 sure did. He's one of the first on the forum to post about it actually. So do diesel guys.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by 604 C63
Well, for me that is a very interesting twist.
That has me re-thinking my relationship with a company that I have very much
enjoyed dealing with until now.

I try to avoid giving my money to companies who **** talk their clients and prospective clients.
I have the exact opposite reaction. I was just talking to my tech the other day and telling him that I probably will buy another ECU and go Eurocharged. People here can be real dicks. I don't think anyone - even if they do business here - needs to bend over for every nay-saying or critical, or offensive or worse - comment and take it up the ***. I'm not an EC customer yet, but on the occasions I've called them whoever has answered the phone has been courteous and helpful to a fault. I've referred at least a half-dozen people to EC over the years when asked who I recommend for a tune. I really believe they're at the top of the game on pushing this platform forward and they'll get my money
The following 3 users liked this post by bhamg:
C63fora2w1 (07-20-2017), Infiniti (07-20-2017), loungn14 (07-20-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 01:01 PM

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts
a unicorn tuned p30 e63
Originally Posted by AMGTQ

Good day.

You are the last person that needs to be giving advice about emotions mr i rarely feel the urge to post LOLOL

I needed some quick help from someone at eurocharged and i reached out to Dave he was kind enough to help me via email and even phone when i asked, was prompt and straight up. My friends and i have been EC customers for over 6 years and have had nothing short but excellent service.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
To be fair, I have a lot of respect and loyalty to Jerry. He spent a lot of time in early '15 to fine tune my headers "Race" file over 6 or 8 iterations until it was just perfect. It's never been off the car since. He didn't know me, I was just another demanding customer, but he was super responsive and demanding of himself to get it right. I respect that.

With that said, a lot of this nonsense could have been avoided if the early testers had just kept their mouths shut and not made wild unsubstantiated claims with highly-suspect data, further fueled by Dave wading into the muck with us with his absurd posts. I include myself here as partly to blame for this getting out of hand - I've never been accused of being the most mature conversationalist....

Not that anyone cares, but now that more believable/logical/material information has been revealed here, I'm 100% confident that this is the real deal. To think that's all it would have taken weeks ago to squash all this nonsense.... oh well, we all learn.

Happy to sit back and see where this goes now. EC is the only one left pushing the M156 envelope, and they deserve a lot of credit - and leeway - for that.

Last edited by BLKROKT; 07-20-2017 at 01:20 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by BLKROKT:
604 C63 (07-20-2017), C63fora2w1 (07-20-2017), krazzdav (07-21-2017), loungn14 (07-20-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG, P30
And to tag along with that, I too have a lot of respect for both Jerry and Jake at EC. Both of them worked with me greatly in 2012 when I had a C32 AMG and was running into some shifting issues with a TCU tune. Also, I have no issues for anyone to come out of the woodwork with new tune info, claims, etc. But, getting upset to the point of personally insulting members that are having a bit of fun -- that's where I draw the line. Go back and read my unedited posts. Nothing insulting, bashing, or offensive was said towards either the V7 tune, nor Eurocharged as a company.

As a past customer of Eurocharged HQ, they might have my business down the road should they offer things that other tuners can't, like aspects mentioned in the V7 tune, but not Eurocharged ATX.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:30 PM

2013 C63 AMG P31
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
To be fair, I have a lot of respect and loyalty to Jerry. He spent a lot of time in early '15 to fine tune my headers "Race" file over 6 or 8 iterations until it was just perfect. It's never been off the car since. He didn't know me, I was just another demanding customer, but he was super responsive and demanding of himself to get it right. I respect that.

With that said, a lot of this nonsense could have been avoided if the early testers had just kept their mouths shut and not made wild unsubstantiated claims with highly-suspect data, further fueled by Dave wading into the muck with us with his absurd posts. I include myself here as partly to blame for this getting out of hand - I've never been accused of being the most mature conversationalist....

Not that anyone cares, but now that more believable/logical/material information has been revealed here, I'm 100% confident that this is the real deal. To think that's all it would have taken weeks ago to squash all this nonsense.... oh well, we all learn.

Happy to sit back and see where this goes now. EC is the only one left pushing the M156 envelope, and they deserve a lot of credit - and leeway - for that.

Finally the voice of reason !! I agree with BLKROKT here this is well written and holds a lot of validity if you understand cam shafts and how they effect performance. We really should be thankful there are companies like EC who are still researching and pushing the technological envelope on a car that is out of production. If you think about it there are only a handful of companies who support the W204 c63 platform. In the past EC has been very reasonable with their pricing and if you think about it its probably the most cost effective performance mod that you can do to the car.. in other words its the best bang for the buck..and once you are a customer its less then 100 to upgrade. Anytime that I have spoken with EC they have been very helpful and ready to answer questions. I will say that Dave did not do EC any favors calling people names as that's poor business practices but try cutting them some slack.

Last edited by C63fora2w1; 07-20-2017 at 01:32 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 E550 Cabrio
Originally Posted by AMG3.2
And to tag along with that, I too have a lot of respect for both Jerry and Jake at EC. Both of them worked with me greatly in 2012 when I had a C32 AMG and was running into some shifting issues with a TCU tune. Also, I have no issues for anyone to come out of the woodwork with new tune info, claims, etc. But, getting upset to the point of personally insulting members that are having a bit of fun -- that's where I draw the line. Go back and read my unedited posts. Nothing insulting, bashing, or offensive was said towards either the V7 tune, nor Eurocharged as a company.

As a past customer of Eurocharged HQ, they might have my business down the road should they offer things that other tuners can't, like aspects mentioned in the V7 tune, but not Eurocharged ATX.
Again, +1.

EC customer since 2011, and sent so many people there way I have been accused of being a shill.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
Based on my experience with my EC tunes, Jerry and Jake has both been fantastic to work with. The issue isn't with them releasing suspect information, it's clowns like Dave running his mouth attacking anyone that questioned his unsubstantiated claims. 604C63 has been asking the same damn question about the questionable baselines posted by the new members, yet he gets blown off. If it's a beta tune, then EC should have done a better job at keeping a lid on the constant leaking of information. Beta tuning should have been performed in-house at the Houston location and not released to franchises selling the tunes to new customers. It appears the BETA aspect of the tune is for existing customers and v7 for new customers.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:17 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by C63fora2w1
Finally the voice of reason !! I agree with BLKROKT here this is well written and holds a lot of validity if you understand cam shafts and how they effect performance. We really should be thankful there are companies like EC who are still researching and pushing the technological envelope on a car that is out of production. If you think about it there are only a handful of companies who support the W204 c63 platform. In the past EC has been very reasonable with their pricing and if you think about it its probably the most cost effective performance mod that you can do to the car.. in other words its the best bang for the buck..and once you are a customer its less then 100 to upgrade. Anytime that I have spoken with EC they have been very helpful and ready to answer questions. I will say that Dave did not do EC any favors calling people names as that's poor business practices but try cutting them some slack.
We have gotten 20 clients on the Beta tune in the last month, answered tons of questions - fielded tons of messages and phone calls... MOST with reasonable people directing their frustration at the Troll gang, and not me/EC... so I'd say whatever i'm doing is working out pretty well for us Please continue to deal with Jerry if you have a problem with me - Believe me when I say it's not gonna hurt my feelings, or my call volume. I will still, as always, help out (at zero cost) as much as I am able for the guys who need help and want to be civil about it.

A couple people on keyboards pales in comparison to the amount of business we do, and clients we take care of (new and repeat) on a weekly basis...

Thanks for your concern though

Dave
Old 07-20-2017, 02:25 PM

2013 C63 AMG P31
I don't think EC is selling v7 because its in testing... if anyone wanted to try v7 all you had to do was email EC and ask them.. the only thing they wanted to know when I asked is what is my current version..(v6) and then they sent it to me free of charge. How can you beat that ? Do other tuning companies do that ?

Last edited by C63fora2w1; 07-20-2017 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:29 PM

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
2014 E550 Sedan
Originally Posted by I am Jeff
Based on my experience with my EC tunes, Jerry and Jake has both been fantastic to work with. The issue isn't with them releasing suspect information, it's clowns like Dave running his mouth attacking anyone that questioned his unsubstantiated claims. 604C63 has been asking the same damn question about the questionable baselines posted by the new members, yet he gets blown off. If it's a beta tune, then EC should have done a better job at keeping a lid on the constant leaking of information. Beta tuning should have been performed in-house at the Houston location and not released to franchises selling the tunes to new customers. It appears the BETA aspect of the tune is for existing customers and v7 for new customers.
I agree with your thoughts here.

However, I will say as a new member I find it ironic how many threads are started and immediately bashed and turned into condescending responses about "clogging the forum with unnecessary threads". To the point it's like the wannabe cool group of kids bashing everyone and only amusing themselves. At the same time there are so many of these type of threads started with the sole intention of stirring pots so to speak, and do not contribute to the forum in any shape or form.
We need to bring the forum back to positive and helpful threads and responses, from "veterans as well as newbies alike. We're all car guys......can't we all just get along here
The following 2 users liked this post by 4Door63:
C63fora2w1 (07-20-2017), Scrapile (07-29-2017)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Eurocharged V7 beta testers are guinea pigs for my Eurocharged V8 dyno results!