C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Paint/Body Shop in Kansas City

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Iridium Silver C63
Paint/Body Shop in Kansas City

My car's front bumper cover was broken during shipment. This is the second vehicle I've had similar damage on during shipping. Seems like these transport drivers treat every car like it has 2 ft of clearance and just drive them up the ramps...low clearance be damned. Anyone from the KC area recommend a good quality and reputable shop to replace the bumper cover and do a proper paint match/blend? I've been to Eveland Bros. in Merriam and have no doubt they're a top notch MB certified collision center but their quote was almost $1500 above what the shipping company's insurance is willing to pay. I know I'm in for a long fight with the insurance company to pay for actual replacement cost as it seems they want to steer me towards lower ends shops that quite honestly I don't trust, especially not being from the area. But I also don't want to be driving around with the front bumper dangling around too much longer...quite embarrassing. So any help from local members would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:55 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2012 C63 AMG P31
First, get multiple quotes and make the insurance company pay. What they're "willing" to pay might be way lower than what you can actually get the job done for, so you need to prove that with multiple estimates.

Second, I'm keeping an eye on this thread in case someone does know of a good place. I need to get my entire front end re-finished because of rock chips.