Sponsored by:

Carchex Titanium Warranty Coverage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 05:06 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
C63
Carchex Titanium Warranty Coverage

I have Carchex Titanium Plan which supposedly covers everything with some exceptions.

When I startup my car, I get a big cloud of blue smoke (cold start or warm). I rev'd while parked and on high rpm, I get some light blue smoke coming out (smells like oil burn). Most threads suggests its oil and could be valve seal. The dealer tried to say because the car is modded (long tube headers, no cats, w/ ROW boxes, that's all) and its normal to see smoke coming out of the exhaust sometimes. I would say yes, but only if I'm doing hard runs and on high rpm but not blue, like a honda civic with leaky guides/valve seals.

The warranty did a job to replace all cams, lifters, .. etc before and covered it with no questions. Now when the dealer called this time to see if they'll cover the valve seal, they won't say and they want the dealer to tear the engine apart. I'm worried if I say sure, tear it apart, they may not cover it, although the agreement says:

Components: All internally lubricated parts, including pistons, pins, rings, connecting rods and bearings, crankshaft and main bearings, camshaft, followers and cam bearings. Push rods, valves, springs, guides, seats, lifters, rocker arms, shafts, bushings, core plugs, timing gear, timing chain or timing belt, belt tensioners and retainers. Eccentric shaft, oil pump, oil cooler and oil cooler lines. Engine block and cylinder head(s) are covered only if the failure occurred due to an internally lubricated part. Also covered are the following: water pump, fuel pump, oil pan, intake and exhaust manifolds, engine mounts and cushions, engine torque strut, timing cover, valve cover(s), harmonic balancer, flywheel (flex plate) and flywheel ring gear, vacuum pump, dipstick and tube, all pulleys, and all internally lubricated parts of the turbocharger/supercharger, including waste gate, vanes, shafts, and bearings. The turbocharger/supercharger housing is covered only if damaged by the failure of an internally lubricated part.
Now, looking at the exclusions,

FOR REPAIR COSTS OR EXPENSES IF THE VEHICLE HAS BEEN USED FOR THE FOLLOWING PURPOSES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE BUSINESS USE OPTION WAS PURCHASED: POLICE OR LAW ENFORCEMENT SERVICES, FIRE, AMBULANCE OR EMERGENCY SERVICES, TAXI, LIMOUSINE OR SHUTTLE SERVICES, PICK-UP AND/OR DELIVERY OPERATIONS, RACING, NEWSPAPER OR MAIL DELIVERY, RENTAL SERVICES, CONSTRUCTION, SECURITY SERVICES, SNOW REMOVAL OR SNOW PLOWING, CABLE OR LINE INSTALLATION, OR HAULING FOR HIRE, OR IF THE VEHICLE HAS BEEN USED FOR HAULING TRAILERS IN EXCESS OF THE MANUFACTURER’S RATED CAPACITY OR HAULING TRAILERS WITHOUT SUITABLE EQUIPMENT, OR IF THE REQUIREMENTS IN THE MANUFACTURER’S MANUAL FOR VEHICLES USED TO PULL TRAILERS ARE NOT FOLLOWED; OR REPAIR EXPENSES CAUSED BY A BROWN OUT; OR DUE TO BREAKDOWNS CAUSED BY ANY REPAIR WHEN THE SOLE PURPOSE IS TO RAISE THE VEHICLES ENGINE COMPRESSION OR TO STOP EXCESSIVE OIL CONSUMPTION.
Its confusing, they say valve seals and guides are covered, but then in exclusions they are making a general statement about something related? Is it considered excessive oil consumption? The car is at the dealer and they'll weight the oil since last replaced (200 miles).
Old 12-29-2018, 03:23 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2013 E350 4Matic Coupe
Question What was your experience with Carchex Titanium?

Would you recommend them?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.