C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Hit and run while parked :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 11:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C32 & 2012 C63 P31 Sedan
Hit and run while parked :(

So I just discovered someone swiped my car while it was parked last night. It must have happened when they were pulling in or out of the spot next me overnight and I dint notice until this

Of course no note was left and the cameras in the garage I was parked at were not pointing in the direction of my car so they are no help.

It looks like Ill have to take it up with my insurance and go through my $500 deductible.

What do you guys think of the damage? I want it repaired as close to perfect as can be so I assume a new bumper and quarter panel would be the best way to handle it. The quarter panel stretches over the hood and all the way to the bottom of the front windshield.

The paint is magnetite black which has those white flakes which give it a pearly appearance. Will that make matching the paint more difficult?
Attached Thumbnails Hit and run while parked :(-20170812_123659.jpg  
Old 08-12-2017, 11:52 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
‘14 ML63, ‘11 E63, ‘05 M3
Originally Posted by Savien
So I just discovered someone swiped my car while it was parked last night. It must have happened when they were pulling in or out of the spot next me overnight and I dint notice until this

Of course no note was left and the cameras in the garage I was parked at were not pointing in the direction of my car so they are no help.

It looks like Ill have to take it up with my insurance and go through my $500 deductible.

What do you guys think of the damage? I want it repaired as close to perfect as can be so I assume a new bumper and quarter panel would be the best way to handle it. The quarter panel stretches over the hood and all the way to the bottom of the front windshield.

The paint is magnetite black which has those white flakes which give it a pearly appearance. Will that make matching the paint more difficult?
OUCH! Sucks for that man. I'd recommend having a few PDR techs take a look at it. Looks like it can be PDR'd. The bumper cover will have to be refinished.

My E36 M3 had a 1.5' long crease around the same side. One PDR Tech out of 4 I inquired took on the challenge and saved me from having to get rear quarter body work done.

Worth a shot, being in Colorado with the hail storms, PDR Techs are dime a dozen.

Keep us posted.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 275 Posts
'13 C63 AMG P31
Matching the paint is not too hard, if you go to a good place. The default paint will not match exactly so it will take some playing with by the place. I had my front panel redone when someone swiped my side. They blended it with the the hood and door. You can't tell the difference.

Also sorry about the damage. People are stupid and that's never a fun thing stumble upon.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:20 PM

Received 125 Likes on 107 Posts
2014 Mercedes C63 AMG 507 Edition
That's not nice at all. Sorry to see OP. Hope you get it sorted quickly.

Some people are just *******s. How can you bash someone's car, and just drive away.