No Updates For OE Tune?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 11:44 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
c class
No Updates For OE Tune?

Hey everyone!!!

So I got OE tune for my 63 about a year ago and its come to the point that I see the v7 update making big numbers for a tune. I went with OE as they are a local company and wanted to support them. Does anyone know why they haven't came out with any updates since? V6 and 7 have came out since i have gotten my tune.

Thanks

Andrew
Old 08-26-2017, 01:20 PM

Received 119 Likes on 79 Posts
2013 C63 AMG
Call them and ask.
Old 08-26-2017, 01:42 PM

c class
Thanks lol

They are closed today and sunday, I was wondering if anyone on the forums would know.

Usually they would post an update on their tune here anyways.

but thanks again
Old 08-27-2017, 01:14 AM

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
09 Carrera S, , 03 F250 CC FX4
Originally Posted by silverstar11909
Hey everyone!!!

So I got OE tune for my 63 about a year ago and its come to the point that I see the v7 update making big numbers for a tune. I went with OE as they are a local company and wanted to support them. Does anyone know why they haven't came out with any updates since? V6 and 7 have came out since i have gotten my tune.

Thanks

Andrew
because they got it right the first time?

I have been in the automotive game a long time and this deal with EC is odd. Guess they are still learning stuff about the pcm's in these cars.
The following users liked this post:
I am Jeff (08-27-2017)
Old 08-27-2017, 11:35 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
Originally Posted by QWKSNKE
because they got it right the first time?

I have been in the automotive game a long time and this deal with EC is odd. Guess they are still learning stuff about the pcm's in these cars.
lol Do it once and so it right? Lmao. So we shouldn't evolve the product and use the same technology from 6 years ago? The tuning industry changes frequently. NO tuner had as much access to the file when the car came out that we do now, and now that we have cracked this like vvt the differences are night and day. If you ask Any competent tuner and they will tell you the same thing. Yes we have 7 versions of our product. But tell me another tuner that is still pushing the platform like we are with flexful kits and vvt tuning? But then again, ya windows xp does the same thing as windows 10 ....
The following 2 users liked this post by loungn14:
akmatic63 (08-29-2017), Infiniti (08-27-2017)
Old 08-27-2017, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 271 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by loungn14
lol Do it once and so it right? Lmao. So we shouldn't evolve the product and use the same technology from 6 years ago? The tuning industry changes frequently. NO tuner had as much access to the file when the car came out that we do now, and now that we have cracked this like vvt the differences are night and day. If you ask Any competent tuner and they will tell you the same thing. Yes we have 7 versions of our product. But tell me another tuner that is still pushing the platform like we are with flexful kits and vvt tuning? But then again, ya windows xp does the same thing as windows 10 ....
Lol ok bud

oetuning has been doing what your doing for the past 5 years.

Lol on vvt tuning part also

Your v6 tune makes less power than your v3 tune from 5 years ago.its almost like you purposely butchered v6 to make v7 seem better. And charge people for an upgrade now...seems like a good way to make some bucks.

I have had over 10 tunes from oetuning including custom tweaking on the Dyno and Jeremy only charged me 700 1 time.his base 93 file that he gave me was 5whp off a tweaked file after hitting the Dyno and for me asking for more timing up top before getting into a race map file.

He has already made me 2 tunes for my headers and is waiting to hit the Dyno and tweak them from there without ever asking for any more money from me.

There are c63s in my area that don't even publish there track results because it's barely any better than stock.

I can post pms on guys with v6 saying they felt absolutely no difference in power and another guy just dynoed his car and made a thread showing the same results my friend felt on his car.

Last edited by skratch77; 08-27-2017 at 12:37 PM.
Old 08-27-2017, 12:42 PM

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
09 Carrera S, , 03 F250 CC FX4
Originally Posted by loungn14
Look dude, I wasn't cracking down on EC, I have / had the tune and will continue to be a customer when I find another car. All I was saying is it unusual and not to expect the same from other suppliers.
Obviously you guys are cracking more code parameters than you had early on when you got into the C63 game that the other supplier here may have got access too in the beginning

Last edited by QWKSNKE; 08-27-2017 at 12:49 PM.
Old 08-27-2017, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,810 Likes on 1,664 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
The following users liked this post:
Infiniti (08-27-2017)
Old 08-28-2017, 08:46 AM

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 AMG Black Series
Thanks lol

They are closed today and sunday, I was wondering if anyone on the forums would know.

Usually they would post an update on their tune here anyways.

but thanks again
Let us know what OE's response is when you contact them.
Old 10-17-2017, 01:55 AM

c class
update is there is no new updates lol

Originally Posted by SuckaGDog
Let us know what OE's response is when you contact them.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 680 Likes on 465 Posts
12 C63BS Magno Alanite Grey, 22 X3M Brooklyn Grey, 08 BMW E93, 22 Ducati Desert Sled, John Deere 3R
Not taking sides, but some tuners build a tune and move on to the next platform and sell each tune for as long as possible as it maximizes the profit and they use their resources for the next venture, they may do a good or great job the first time, but there is always room for improvement as far as I am concerned. Some companies also may hold back features (like apple is notorious for) and then release them slowly to make a little more money on each update, even though the rest of the world has had the features for years - not saying anyone is doing this intentionally either.

My 335i was Giac tune and they mostly don't upgrade much, maybe one update in 10 years on the platform - I chose to leave Giac after 6 years and go with another tune because things moved on and people figure out new things - since no one works for the factory at these tuning companies and the factory doesn't exactly tell anyone what is going on in the ECU, it takes time to figure out what they are doing in the code, reverse engineer it and then use that knowledge to improve the tune - a tune from 5 or 10 years ago certainly is not making full use of everything available if the platform has been worked on and new information is gained - everything can be improved upon, but it may or may not be significant.

Now all that being said, I run Eurocharged, I have not run every iteration of the tune, but V7 is a nice improvement and I am quite happy with it, V5 was where I started, V6 was basically a step backwards and they should have given V7 to anyone who paid for V6 - V6 was that in between version of windows (like Windows Vista or Windows 8 it seems) just go with the odd number on Eurocharged.

Last edited by roadkillrob; 10-17-2017 at 07:36 AM.
Old 10-17-2017, 01:34 PM
SPONSOR

Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
Hey everyone!!!

Thanks

Andrew
Have you emailed us with your details so we can look you up and verify in our system? Direct contact with us is the best way to find out.
Sales@oetuning.com
Old 10-17-2017, 01:48 PM

c class
Originally Posted by SALES@OETUNING
Have you emailed us with your details so we can look you up and verify in our system? Direct contact with us is the best way to find out.
Sales@oetuning.com

I called and was told that, they said they could do a custom tune to my car on the dyno but wouldn’t produce much
Old 10-17-2017, 01:54 PM
SPONSOR

OE Tuning C63 AMG
I called and was told that, they said they could do a custom tune to my car on the dyno but wouldn’t produce much
Please email who you are, your car details and all the mods installed along with your purchase date and you will get a specific answer. With more information we can answer you correctly. Thanks.
Email: sales@oetuning.com
Old 10-19-2017, 02:20 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
please share the results of this discussion.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 10-19-2017, 02:34 PM
SPONSOR

OE Tuning C63 AMG
Originally Posted by hachiroku
please share the results of this discussion.
If you have an OE Tuning tune on your car and want to know if an update is available, then email your name, purchase date/receipt and vehicle to sales@oetuning.com
If you contact us directly we can advise specific to your vehicle.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:32 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
email sent. thanks!

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com