540HP C250!!! (yes, this is clickbait)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 02:48 PM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 p31 coupe, Clk550 cab, M3 coupe, LS430, 750LI
Wow

Originally Posted by sventastic82
Well your $550 Gucci shoes are not making you run faster. But a de-badged C63 goes faster than a C250. Besides a de-badged car looks sleeker.

a de-badged does not look sleeker, looks like someone got rear ended and after fixing it forgot put up numbers. A badged c63 goes as fast as a de-badged. A c63 with structural damage goes faster than a c250. A c63 with no gas goes faster than a c250. Very pointless statement.

A top of a line car comes with more than just a badge, the badge is just to show everybody look I have a top of the line car. Not everybody likes to show that others do and that is the reason why you see so many non AMG cars with AMG badges on them.

Well then might as well go full retard and de-badge the entire car interior too.

If you value it so much to show what you have then there is something wrong.
I value what the car is.. A c63. I value the peoples work who built it. I value the effort it took for me to get this car. So if I find it unappealing for me to do something like this to a car. Then I suppose there is something wrong with me. I guess it's how I was raised. Value what you work hard for. Because it sure as **** didnt come easy for me.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:13 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
mazda rx7
Originally Posted by Kickens
Currently making 456/whp and I had someone come up to me on Monday asking me to race because we're closely tied in his C35 AMG. The badges were exactly like that. It looked like an older C350 in this weird tone color. Didn't even bother racing...
You sure it wasn't a W203 C32 AMG?
Old 09-06-2017, 12:54 PM

2012 c63
I do have a question. Why are your amg badges on the left? Mine is on the right, is that something they changed on the later years?
Old 09-06-2017, 08:25 PM

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts
CLS63, S55
in 2015+ cars benz switched the amg badge to the left. Even though OPs car is not 2015 I like it because it adds to the troll effect.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
'18 C63A Cabriolet
Originally Posted by mikonuj
So there have been A LOT of C43 "AMGs" popping up all over. I've been running into them at least once a day. So it got me thinking...

Now, we've all seen the threads. The ones with all the non-AMGs with AMG badges (along with some non-MBs even, like that "Hyundai CLS550 AMG"). And at some point or another, I'm sure we've joked about slapping a 250 or 300 badge to an AMG just to mess with those that know.

Lol. Well...

Zeus is going C43 hunting.
What product did you use to black out the letter and numbers?
Old 09-07-2017, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 344 Likes on 206 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
so i came from a c250. good car for what it does, gas mileage and comfort. I wasnt the guy that debadged it or put an amg sticker on it or did the quad exhaust etc.

I drove it for what it was. it was a fine car for a daily. i agree with you guys, debadging and putting quad exhaust on or just slapping an amg badge on, it should be a crime. c250 c300 anything but the amg.

either way, now i have a 17 c43 now. which does 12.8-12.9 stock quarter. STOCK.

with just a tune only, it will do 12.2 with an amateur driver. if we start doing down pipes and other bolt on mods like some of the w204 c63 owners have done, we would be right with you. if we get a turbo upgrade with downpipes and tune i am sure many of you wouldnt be so keen on meeting us at a open patch of road.

i popped a look into the w204 c63 quarter thread:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...archive-5.html

most are doing 11.8-11.9 with headers, filters, and a tune. stock you guys are doing 12.4-12.5 ish. i only read a page or 2 so i may or may not have seen the best times. but any way. "real" amg or not, on the street the c43 is in your neighborhood. it wont be by car lengths like it seems you are imagining. and on certain conditions, i would bet the 4 matic c43 will take you at least on the 1/8 and up to the quarter it would be very close. for those that were doing low 11s with sparco racing seats lightweight pulleys etc (going the whole 9 yards) are you really driving a mercedes anymore? can you take a 8 hour trip and be fully comfortable?

Please keep in mind, i am not discrediting the c63. it is a beast. the w204 c63 is a work of art. the sound is unmatched. but to discredit the c43 amg essentially discredits most of the amgs pre 2008 considering the c43 would blow by/beat most of them (c43, c32, e55 clk variants, cls variants, e variant, s variants etc) with exceptions of course. and it even devalues the c63 both w204 and w205 which is only .5 seconds faster to 60 on paper. 10 years ago anything sub 5 seconds to 60 was "worthy" of an amg badge, but now its not? is it the 4matic that launches us off the line quicker than the 2 undersized tires the c63 has? is that what makes us not a real amg. in my opinion and a lot of other owners opinion (c63 guys included), there needs to be a change of thought to this whole "what makes an AMG" sure one dude built your engine. but that one item is not what defines an amg anymore. its the whole package.

sure freeway pulls, the extra 2 cylinders help. but to discredit the c43 is laughable considering it is nearly as quick/equally as quick in daily driving on the streets. the track may be a different story in dry conditions, but daily driving which many of us do on here, the difference is minimal unless you have miles of open road to open these engines up.

edit: and i am really only talking about the stock and minimal modded cars. anyone can put 10s of thousands of dollars into a good base platform and go faster. so this is mainly not to discredit those c63s doing sub/low 11s which is truly impressive. i am just trying to get the point across that stock for stock, the 43 performance is not that far behind a 63 and on the street the 43 would hold its own.

Last edited by Star4life; 09-07-2017 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 344 Likes on 206 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
sorry for the rant. just "not a real" amg protest is getting old.

on the topic of the OP, that is hilarious. I hope you crush dreams and dont look back as they are left in the dust.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:36 PM

mazda rx7
Originally Posted by Star4life

on the topic of the OP, that is hilarious. I hope you crush dreams and dont look back as they are left in the dust.
still fake amg.

http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/content/...mg/engine.html

Engines not made in Affalterbach with one man one engine philosophy.

Car is a rebadged C400/C450 with newer transmission.

Last edited by ab0bab0i; 09-07-2017 at 03:40 PM. Reason: added link
Old 09-07-2017, 04:13 PM

Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts
2013 c63 Magnuson SCed
Originally Posted by SactownP31
I value what the car is.. A c63. I value the peoples work who built it. I value the effort it took for me to get this car. So if I find it unappealing for me to do something like this to a car. Then I suppose there is something wrong with me. I guess it's how I was raised. Value what you work hard for. Because it sure as **** didnt come easy for me.
So, you're not liking this mod because it doesn't properly let others know what kind of car you're really driving? Seems like a sad commentary on where you derive self-worth.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:37 PM

What?

Originally Posted by L8 apex
So, you're not liking this mod because it doesn't properly let others know what kind of car you're really driving? Seems like a sad commentary on where you derive self-worth.
So it's sad because I don't like to pretend I'm something I'm not. Broke people pretend to have money and thats lame. Rich people want to be ghetto and thats lame. Faking is stupid either way. Debadge if want, but putting fake numbers on a car is dumb. Like I said I have different principles or opinions so now I'm a sad human being. Seriously i could really care less what you think, I don't know you.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:37 PM

Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts
2013 c63 Magnuson SCed
So it's sad because I don't like to pretend I'm something I'm not. Broke people pretend to have money and thats lame. Rich people want to be ghetto and thats lame. Faking is stupid either way. Debadge if want, but putting fake numbers on a car is dumb. Like I said I have different principles or opinions so now I'm a sad human being. Seriously i could really care less what you think, I don't know you.
I think you mean you couldn't care less, because you don't care at all, yet replied anyway. Is that about right?

And nobody is rich trying to be ghetto. Just not being braggadocios.

I pondered putting a Hyundai badge on my trunk where the Star resides because I live in Podunk and those who know will get it. Those who don't will stop being badge-*****s, but I guess both sides enjoy that game.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:19 PM

YES

Originally Posted by L8 apex
I think you mean you couldn't care less, because you don't care at all, yet replied anyway. Is that about right?

And nobody is rich trying to be ghetto. Just not being braggadocios.

I pondered putting a Hyundai badge on my trunk where the Star resides because I live in Podunk and those who know will get it. Those who don't will stop being badge-*****s, but I guess both sides enjoy that game.
Honestly I think it's lame. Don't really care, it just seemed odd to me. I tend to write comments only when I agree with something or think something is stupid. This was both. Because in my second thread post you'll see I understood some benefits of op doing this. Truth be told just trying get my post numbers up because I want to buy some stuff from other members they think it's a fake account. So if you want to de-badge, do it. You want to pose, do it. And afterwards you take those amg badges, shine them up real nice, turn them son*****es sideways and stick straight up your candy asses!
Old 09-08-2017, 04:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 C63 AMG Edition 507
SactownP31 the type of guy who still uses hotmail.

Originally Posted by Star4life

Dude, I can't even get mad at you for the rant, because I know exactly what you mean. I could've easily spent a lot less to get a more capable, more moddable platform. Looking back, for the money I'd have gone for a 43 and given it downpipes and a tune to match drag times, but that's actually not the reason I got a W204. I got it for the notoriety of AMG's "One man, one engine" philosophy, and I specifically got this car amongst other 63 platforms because of the heritage behind that motor. I remember watching F1 races with my buddies back in high school and flatout fan-girling whenever we'd see the C63 medical car chasing the SLS safety car, rev-match downshifting with ridiculous blips that we swear were louder than the SLS's downshifts. I got it, because to me, it felt like owning a little piece of history.

Yeah, this was for fun, but it's also a bitter-sweet joke for me, because I'm a bit disappointed that AMG decided to sway from their "One man, one engine" philosophy. I get the whole reason why people slap on the AMG badge to non-amgs; I have AMG wheels it counts, the dealer said... , idk I just thought it looked cool, etc, etc, etc. But this time it wasn't the posers, but AMG themselves. I grew up an enthusiast/fan of AMG, taknig pride in their steadfast philosophies, but now whenever I see the 43's passing by I can't help but mutter, "...but, your engine wasn't built by a Tobias....or a Dominik....or even a Bob (Robert)."

Last edited by mikonuj; 09-08-2017 at 04:50 PM.
Old 09-08-2017, 04:45 PM

2014 C63 AMG Edition 507
SactownP31 the type of guy to eat a McFlurry through a straw.

Originally Posted by HBC350
What product did you use to black out the letter and numbers?
Rustoleum black gloss enamel. Get the enamel one. Spray it with several light coats, and let it sit for a couple hours. It gets the best quality gloss of all the different spray cans I've tried so far.

Last edited by mikonuj; 09-08-2017 at 04:52 PM.
The following users liked this post:
HBC350 (09-10-2017)
Old 09-08-2017, 04:47 PM

2014 C63 AMG Edition 507
SactownP31 the type of guy to rev a Tesla.

Originally Posted by Mikeki7
If I saw this on the street it would brighten up my day, so thank you for doing this I think it is hilarious! I would definitely try to run you at a stoplight.
Originally Posted by NotABaller
[img]lol[/img]
Originally Posted by pbaylog
What an outstanding, contrarian idea...My rear is debadged completely just for looks, but this mind f*** is awesome. You might start a trend.
Originally Posted by fallen
This is awesome!!!
Stories please!
Originally Posted by AMG3.2
That's epic lol
Originally Posted by ShazV6
LOL. This is hilarious. Cant wait to hear the stories.
You guys and the rest that saw the amusement in this, thanks. Literally why I did this. My car's wrapped, so it's temporary, I had ebay credits, and as a kid I always used to joke about doing something like this. So yeah!

Last edited by mikonuj; 09-08-2017 at 04:53 PM.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:38 PM

2014 C63 AMG Edition 507
SactownP31 the type of guy to read the full terms & conditions then decline.

IDENTITY THEFT IS NOT A JOKE, JIM

^^^ **Alright, SactownP31 didn't really say that, per se, but essentially the same thing.

_

Last edited by mikonuj; 09-08-2017 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:15 PM

Wow!

Either I have a secret admirer or someone has way too much time on their hands. Terms and conditions one was pretty good. The rest were pretty gay, like putting c250 on a c63.