C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weistec trans down for the count again, don't change your fluid...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 309 Likes on 198 Posts
10 C six trizzle
4 to 5 is k3. I've never encountered any sort of adaptation changes with fluid changes. Seeing how its only an issue in manual mode. Id think of it more as a valve body issue. Im wondering if some debris got on the solenoid screens and started to clog? If it seems to have fixed itself perhaps it flushed the debris. If it continues you should drop the valve body out and check the screens on the solenoids and inspect. post a video of what it's doing.

Adaptation is only necessary when components are replaced - unless you totally fried the fluid change wont really matter. how black was it? did the magnets have a crazy amount of material on them? could you see glitter in the fluid?

also - and i know you're on top of your car - but check the fuel trims that intake gaskets cause - if they are whacky your shifting will be too but usually thats in all modes - c/s/m
Old 09-25-2017, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by roadtalontsi
4 to 5 is k3. I've never encountered any sort of adaptation changes with fluid changes. Seeing how its only an issue in manual mode. Id think of it more as a valve body issue. Im wondering if some debris got on the solenoid screens and started to clog? If it seems to have fixed itself perhaps it flushed the debris. If it continues you should drop the valve body out and check the screens on the solenoids and inspect. post a video of what it's doing.

Adaptation is only necessary when components are replaced - unless you totally fried the fluid change wont really matter. how black was it? did the magnets have a crazy amount of material on them? could you see glitter in the fluid?

also - and i know you're on top of your car - but check the fuel trims that intake gaskets cause - if they are whacky your shifting will be too but usually thats in all modes - c/s/m

Fuel trims seem good. Fluid was a bit dark but still red to it, didn't smell burnt. There was very little to no grim on the magnets. I'm dropping the valve body and will post pics of the screens. Is there any other gears that use the same clutch to shift? Running in C mode didn't help, still cutting power into 4th. It feels like I hit the rev limiter, it shifts then hits power again. That's how hard it cuts power..
Old 09-25-2017, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 370 Likes on 212 Posts
c63
swap over to 67mm pulley and let ecu adapt see what happens
Old 09-26-2017, 01:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by mr747
swap over to 67mm pulley and let ecu adapt see what happens
I change it back right when I get home from the track. Adapts very quickly to it, but trans is still screwed
Old 09-27-2017, 12:51 PM

Received 100 Likes on 72 Posts
C63 AMG - LSD
Originally Posted by Adi-Benz
I feel like the tl;dr for ALL mercedes transmissions after 2006 is

change fluid
need new trans

and it's pretty stupid. From C's to S's they have this issue. Yours is aftermarket tho idk
**** I just bought a new transmission... that hurt my pocket
Old 10-01-2017, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Well the trans has appeared to repair itself. I drove about 300km yesterday, trans is shifting into 4th normal again. The 4th downshift has also smoothed out. The power cut is completely gone and it seems to hammer into 4th again.

Very strange, I haven't touched anything, have just been driving it lately in M mode again.

Maybe it needed time to break into the new fluid? I'll keep driving as normal and see what happens.
Old 12-16-2023, 11:41 PM

Received 55 Likes on 22 Posts
2008 MB C350 4MATIC/2011 CL63 AMG/2014 C63 Coupe 507
hey man, i am endlessly doing some heavy online digging for last 2 years; I had a perfectly normal C63 COUPE 507. Had built trans, on NA setup for years too, no issue. However, 2 years ago, sent car to get complete engine rebuild, sleeved, 4L blower put on, and the trans fluid drain, and refill.

Broke in the motor, and finally tried to perform WOT. Long story short, few different tuners later, the car had the same issue since the car came back from its rebuild; the RPMS cuts out around 5800 RPMs and seems to be in every gear. Only at WOT. It will accelerate nice and fast as it should and then right around 5800 RPMs, BAM, it's like the Throttle Body closed up OR the TRANS disconnected. You can hear something disengaging literally right when it it's that "Limiter" of some sort. Its like hitting a rev limiter but at 5800 (except it doesn't bounce off this limiter like it would at redline, instead, it just stays there until you let off the gas, or, the ecu decides to perform fuel cut-off). However, if i accelerate around, say 80% throttle (as long as NO WOT), the car can reach redline. I also tried it where i accelerate slowly PAST the 5800 rpm mark, say 6000 RPMs, i keep it steady there, and then do WOT...the car INSTANTLY would go into that limiter mode at that very RPMs. It's like some computer or sensors already know i went past my 5800 RPMs and it's just waiting to cut power, it's waiting for me to do WOT. I hope this makes sense, sorry for writing an essay,

I'm just curious to know, even though your trans issue seems bit different, but, you mentioned about the car cutting power in 4th or so. Was it like hitting a rev limitter but BEFORE redline? like as if the TB or trans disengaged?

I have NEVER been able to go to redline at WOT since i got the car back from the engine rebuild and blower added all at once. I am going crazy.