C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Cracks on upshift

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 C63 Estate
Cracks on upshift

Recently I have noticed a lack of the crack/backfire on upshifts at WOT. What I get now is a chirp (and no there is no bird in my engine bay) . I’ve tried multiple times redlining the car with my window down to listen for a backfire. From what I can remember this used to happen in stock tune.

Recently I had to remove my Eurocharged V5 tune as im was getting cams and lifters replaced by Mercedes all under warranty. I will be reloading the tune back very soon and then do a secondary cat delete.

I’m intending to do the gearbox reset procedure to see if it’s learnt my normal driving style for everyday use.

Do all you guys get a backfire on WOT upshifting.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:44 PM

Received 105 Likes on 74 Posts
'16 CLS63S
Originally Posted by ttran01
Recently I have noticed a lack of the crack/backfire on upshifts at WOT. What I get now is a chirp (and no there is no bird in my engine bay) . I’ve tried multiple times redlining the car with my window down to listen for a backfire. From what I can remember this used to happen in stock tune.

Recently I had to remove my Eurocharged V5 tune as im was getting cams and lifters replaced by Mercedes all under warranty. I will be reloading the tune back very soon and then do a secondary cat delete.

I’m intending to do the gearbox reset procedure to see if it’s learnt my normal driving style for everyday use.

Do all you guys get a backfire on WOT upshifting.
FYI, if you dont alreayd know......make sure you check your invoice after the repairs to see if there were any software updates done to your car. If so, dont load that v5 tune back on the car just yet. Talk to eurocharged first. Youll have to reset the handheld, pull the new stock ID file from the car, send that to eurocharged and they will send you a new tune.