ours sits flush on the top and makes even contact with the bumper
top middle - 3m tape
bottom in the middle and bottom on the sides about 10 screws total
well then, I guess I have to order a lip from you
Old 11-20-2017, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,845 Likes on 1,678 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
If it makes you feel better, I’ve been real happy with my RW pieces. Solid construction, not light and flimsy like others. And the fit is excellent, he has good quality control. I have front splitter, side skirts and rear diffuser, and they all replaced unsatisfactory pieces from another popular manufacturer on here. Matt’s a good dude and he’ll take care of you.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:34 PM

Received 109 Likes on 77 Posts
'16 CLS63S
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
If it makes you feel better, I’ve been real happy with my RW pieces. Solid construction, not light and flimsy like others. And the fit is excellent, he has good quality control. I have front splitter, side skirts and rear diffuser, and they all replaced unsatisfactory pieces from another popular manufacturer on here. Matt’s a good dude and he’ll take care of you.
Ya know, I really want to believe that, I really do. But in addition the slight side skirt fitment issue I have with the RW skirts, there was glob of clear coat in the section where the vent is that stood out like a sore thumb. I brought it to thier attention and they appoligized and offered me a small refund. After sanding it down and painting it black you cant see it anymore. But when I asked about their quality control they stated it must have been missed. Hmmmmmm

This is certainly not a RW bash session and I like thier products. Probably going to order the lip from them anyway.

Old 11-20-2017, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,845 Likes on 1,678 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
You’re out of your mind if you think that an oversized drop of clear that can only be seen in a 70x zoom lens indicates some sort of lack of of quality control dude.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:23 AM

Received 109 Likes on 77 Posts
'16 CLS63S
LOL Well of course the big pic makes it seem like a super zoom lens was used but it certainly looked out of place. Dont matter, RW did the right thing
Old 11-21-2017, 03:05 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 Mercedes C63 AMG SALOON
I bought a set off the RW carbon side skirts for my C63 and the drivers side skirt had a really bad twist in it unfortunately, Matt told me too bin them and give me a full refund. Matt has always stood behind his parts if there's any problems from what I've personally experienced.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:18 PM

Received 125 Likes on 92 Posts
2012 C63, GL63, 1989 300CE
Just want to say that there is so much work that goes into fitting body panels properly. I redid the oem spoiler since it was lifting on one side and even with that! Making sure that everything was perfect, correcting, polishing and cleaning adhesive off, SEVERAL times with alcohol, and cutting, sizing 3M/adhesive on a perfect surface for a proper fit and finish is tedious as ****. I couldn’t even imagine fitting aftermarket parts not sized to the car properly. I have OCD.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
2009 SLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by BLKROKT
I don’t know what you were expecting out of inexpensive Chinese-made aftermarket carbon trim pieces man. They all have fitment issues. Those can be made to fit fine with a little work. Some of my pieces were originally worse than what you posted above.

As for the RW side skirts, that little gap is nothing to complain about. They’re not perfect. And you’re using tape, that’s your real problem. Once the OE skirts are removed and the overlay skirts properly clamped with adhesive, they fit like a glove.
I agree, I bought a trunk spoiler from a souce that advertises on this site and it fit like crap. When the driver's side was down tight on the deck the other side was up 4 mm. The next one from another source was $25 more and it fits perfectly.
You get what you pay for.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts
2009 SLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by bentz69
Yea I guess. Put the passenger side on first and fit PERFECT everywhere. Then the driver side gave me problems toward the front wheel. Rear section lines up perfect. Seemed fine during the test fit. Dont feel like removing and sanding the inner portion. Gap can hardley be seen when standing over it. Guess Im being too **** IDK

Black silicone huh. On a white car too. Pics would be apprecieted.

Don't forget that unlike the trunk deck for example the bumpers are made of plastic and after years in the sun they do shrink and distort with age.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:40 AM

Received 78 Likes on 49 Posts
C63 AMG Saloon
Originally Posted by RW Carbon
I can tell you ours will fit alot better than the one you shown. We install with 3m tape in the middle then screws on the bottom and the sides. We use 2-3 screws on the side wings as well to hold them in nicely.
Any pictures from underneath showing where you position the screws? Also how do you drill the holes in the carbon without damaging the clear coat around the edge of the hole?