Sponsored by:

Looking for buying advice.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porsche Cayenne Turbo 2009
Looking for buying advice.

Hi there, I am about to buy a used 2013 C63 (P31), just need a few opinions. The car I am looking at has 61,000 km, and its Cavansite blue with Sand and black interior. I really wanted the blue but I understand its quite rare, is it worth overlooking small issues like seat wear on the drivers seat bolster and slightly damaged Alcantera steering wheel for the blue option? It is also specified with carbon interior, carbon mirrors and black 19inch wheels.
I am flying out to look at the car are there any things to look out for in particular. So far I noticed on another vehicle quite pronounced ticking on the engine, really loud. The car only had 40K on the clock and was in showroom condition, interior looked brand new, white exterior black interior, so ticking made me worried.

Last question is do warranties cover items such as engine mounts and control arm bushings. I am looking at a comprehensive warranty (3 years 60,000lm) for around CAD $4000 with unlimited claim value and they said we can take the car to Mercedes dealers to have the work done. Are these the kinds of items that warranties try and avoid paying out on, thus reducing the value of having a warranty.

I am sending it for a Mercedes PPI but am not sure how much piece of mind that ill bring, have paid for PPI's before on other vehicles only to find that the technical must have been on lunch break as not much was reported.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 12-25-2017, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,842 Likes on 1,677 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Oh yeah that blue is super valuable, I would overlook practically anything to get it.

And read the warranty, that will answer your questions.
Old 12-26-2017, 06:07 AM

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 911, 2012 C63
I looked for Lunar Blue Metallic (what they call that color in the States), for a year. I love it. It’s a tremendous color and I’ve only ever seen another online, but I have seen many C300’S, as it was a standard color for them.

Theae seats show wear in this color. I’d never overlook a trashed side bolster unless it is a substantially discounted car. I believe the covers can be replaced to around $1,500 each.

That aftermarket warranty will have a long list of exclusions. Read it all. Also, also, negotiate it down, there is a TON of profit in those for the selling dealer. Don’t let them get you on the car and the warranty.