MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63 AMG (W204) (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204-93/)
-   -   Need help with HK speakers (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/694698-need-help-hk-speakers.html)

myn8m3is8ndy 01-08-2018 01:38 AM

Need help with HK speakers

I have a 2013 C63 with the HK system. I believe I have a blown speaker, but i don't know which one or maybe something is loose? I'm not sure. I had a c350 with HK and music was very very clear throughout the entire volume range. Not the case with the c63. You can clearly hear an echo when the music is at a decent listening volume. When i mean decent, 1 being mute and 10 being blasting, i mean like a 4. I have tried turning off the surround sound, messing with the settings. still no luck. What is the best way to diagnose it??

G_Money 01-08-2018 03:06 AM

Does it doe it consistently no matter the media? CD, AM/FM/SAT radio, Bluetooth, etc?

roadkillrob 01-08-2018 07:57 AM

For trouble shooting I would use the fader balance and see if you can isolate the corner of the car that the issue is worst and then you could unplug that speaker and see if it goes away to isolate. Mine had a blown one on the parcel shelf and a few others have had bad ones I have read on the parcel shelf also and those are easy to unplug and see if the issue goes away compared to the ones in the doors.

myn8m3is8ndy 01-08-2018 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by G_Money (Post 7352350)
Does it doe it consistently no matter the media? CD, AM/FM/SAT radio, Bluetooth, etc?

yeah, everything. pretty damn annoying. first noticed it with bluetooth and then started noticing it on radio etc.

Originally Posted by roadkillrob (Post 7352417)
For trouble shooting I would use the fader balance and see if you can isolate the corner of the car that the issue is worst and then you could unplug that speaker and see if it goes away to isolate. Mine had a blown one on the parcel shelf and a few others have had bad ones I have read on the parcel shelf also and those are easy to unplug and see if the issue goes away compared to the ones in the doors.

thanks man, i’ll try that! hopefully i can find it 🙏

myn8m3is8ndy 01-12-2018 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by roadkillrob (Post 7352417)

I tried it out and it seems that every speaker is affected. Still hear that super annoying echo like sound. Maybe there's a loose wire or bad connection. Any other possible things to check for before tearing up the dash?

G_Money 01-12-2018 07:37 PM

Make sure all the connections are good in the fiber optic loop. Could possibly be the amp. Im not an A/V guy to start with, and the A/V systems in these cars are so far beyond "standard" types of cars lol

myn8m3is8ndy 01-12-2018 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by G_Money (Post 7356527)
Make sure all the connections are good in the fiber optic loop. Could possibly be the amp. Im not an A/V guy to start with, and the A/V systems in these cars are so far beyond "standard" types of cars lol

I am a complete noob when it comes to sound systems so sorry for asking lol where is the amp located, what are fiber optic loops, how many of them are there and how do i check these? :nix: