Sponsored by:

What The!!?!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 03:45 PM

Received 70 Likes on 44 Posts
2022 4 Runner Pro, supercharged and lifted Lime Rush, 2018 E63s wagon Edition 1
What The!!?!!

So I was at the store this morning and I put the bags in the trunk (opened normally) but when I went to start the car it fired and immediately died. All of the dash lights were on but no CEL. I pressed on the brake again and it fired up as it has always done but the brake pedal went further down than usual once it started. After that the brake pedal worked fine as did everything else. Drove home with no incidents and parked it in the garage. I let it sit a few minutes and tried to start it again. Fired right up. Now I've read on this site of issues with the C63 not starting but from what I recall they didn't even turn over. The cause was the steering column and a switch located within (I believe). In my situation I'm wondering if:
1. The battery in the key fob is weak.
2. I was being a dork and took my foot off the brake too soon.
3. This is the harbinger of a bigger issue.
Anyway, If anyone has had this issue and/or can give me suggestions as to what it may be I'd be most grateful. My 2013 C63 has a little over 22k miles and I've always followed the service schedule, the last being in November 2017 when it was given a clean bill of health.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by stratman
So I was at the store this morning and I put the bags in the trunk (opened normally) but when I went to start the car it fired and immediately died. All of the dash lights were on but no CEL. I pressed on the brake again and it fired up as it has always done but the brake pedal went further down than usual once it started. After that the brake pedal worked fine as did everything else. Drove home with no incidents and parked it in the garage. I let it sit a few minutes and tried to start it again. Fired right up. Now I've read on this site of issues with the C63 not starting but from what I recall they didn't even turn over. The cause was the steering column and a switch located within (I believe). In my situation I'm wondering if:
1. The battery in the key fob is weak.
2. I was being a dork and took my foot off the brake too soon.
3. This is the harbinger of a bigger issue.
Anyway, If anyone has had this issue and/or can give me suggestions as to what it may be I'd be most grateful. My 2013 C63 has a little over 22k miles and I've always followed the service schedule, the last being in November 2017 when it was given a clean bill of health.

#2 more than likely
Old 01-24-2018, 07:21 PM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
2013 P31 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by SaphGreyC63
#2 more than likely
Agreed, took my foot off the brake too soon one time and scared myself cause the car didn't start.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:40 PM

Received 70 Likes on 44 Posts
2022 4 Runner Pro, supercharged and lifted Lime Rush, 2018 E63s wagon Edition 1
Thanks SaphGreyC63 and curt.r for your responses. I truly hope this is it (being a dork). Even so I did replaced the key fob battery just to be safe.
The following users liked this post:
SaphGreyC63 (01-24-2018)