C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car is cutting out at full throttle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2024 | 03:50 PM

2008 MB C350 4MATIC/2011 CL63 AMG/2014 C63 Coupe 507
appreciate the response, and sorry to jack the thread.

yeap, tried new accel pedal, tried new Throttle body and even swapped them around, tried an aftermarket ECU aka SYVECS as well. It all hit the same cutout. However, when running on Syvecs ECU, the car had hit the same 'limiter' few times and after few revisions, while the car was wired to run off an aftermarket map sensor, the tuner managed to go past the cut-off rpm (which was usually around 6000 rpms give or take), and mentioned that they reduced the torque from ecu to tcu. However, due to location of MAP sensor, it was seeing wavy signals causing my timing to be pulled past 6k rpms, which led me to let off the gas before redline..and wants me to tap into the plenum of Supercharger, which im dreading.....i should get it done asap to see if that actually works out and gets me to redline..

Regardless, it doesn't make sense that my Stock ecu is unable to get past this. Sigh.
Old 01-27-2024 | 01:58 PM

W204 C63 AMG
something to think about, check the intake for your supercharger. Are there any low quality non reinforced silicone hoses? I've seen several times cheap low end hoses will collapse under high RPM and exhibit the same symptoms you're experiencing.