C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

C63 FL Rear Diffuser DIY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 05:06 PM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
2013 C63 Coupe
C63 FL Rear Diffuser DIY

Hey everyone, I ordered a carbon diffuser and spoiler last week and they came in. I decided to tackle them earlier. Install was not difficult at all. Someone with no experience could easily tackle this in 30 min. - 1 hr. I did some searching and only found 2 useful threads. However, the main DIY was for a PFL C63, which is a little different and the other was for a FL C300. The brackets on the regular C-class and the 63 are different. This may be a little unnecessary but it might help out someone who might be unsure of the differences, if any. I didn't take pictures throughout the entire process so I'll do the best I can. So, here we go:

Tools Needed:
Drill
1/8 drill bit
10mm socket
1/4" Ratchet
Phillips screwdriver
*Small screws* (These tend to come inside the box, but feel free to get more of a similar size)

To start off, you'll need to locate the small rivet on the left and right corners of the diffuser. I took the image below from another thread on the forums. I assume they switched from a T20 torx, to a small rivet in the FL models. Simply take the drill and bit, and slowly drill through the middle of the rivet. There's a decent amount of room down there, so accessing the rivet shouldn't be an issue.

Now, take your 10mm and undo the 2 10mm bolts holding in the stock diffuser bracket.

With the 2 rivets and the bolts out, start pulling at the corners of the OEM diffuser and work your way toward the middle. These shouldn't be too stuck in there. Just give them a little tug and the tabs should pop right out. With the diffuser now off the car, you can separate the bracket from the diffuser. As you can see from the picture, the bracket is held on by small tabs. Gently take them off.

Now, with the brackets off the diffuser, line them back up to bumper brace on the car and also the bolt holes, then leave the bolts threaded, but very loose. Go ahead and start installing the diffuser, starting at the corner.

This is where you're going to have to drill into the diffuser...

On the corners, where you drilled out the rivets, line up the diffuser and drill right back into that hole then take one of the screws and thread it in. See below

From there, you'll drill into the bottom of the diffuser where the brackets are mocked up. It should look something like this...

Now, all you have to do is make sure everything is aligned and tighten all bolts and screws... Take a step back and admire your work. Hope this was able to help someone out who may have been unsure.

The following 2 users liked this post by Nando_514:
docasim (02-19-2018), jakester (02-19-2018)
Old 02-18-2018, 01:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'14 C63
Nice! Thanks for sharing!