Sponsored by:

Help!! EXHAUST TIPS!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG C63 W204
Help!! EXHAUST TIPS!

So , I bought an agency power catback for my AMG C63 W204, but I do not think its loud, what should i do , should i buy agency power header for my car? do you guys have other tips????????????????????????????? any professional?

Is that possible if i buy a FI header for my agency power catback? then i will have 2 valves, do not know what to do, help!!
Old 02-19-2018, 11:33 PM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 p31 coupe, Clk550 cab, M3 coupe, LS430, 750LI
Da *****!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Old 02-20-2018, 03:52 AM

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
2015 C63 AMG Coupe
Hello there, welcome to the forum. Theres a few options you can do to get the car more loud. The first and most recommended is to put a straight pipe where the secondary cats are. That will definitely make it more loud. Or you can go headers as well.
The following users liked this post:
328504220@qq.co (02-22-2018)
Old 02-22-2018, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG C63 W204
So, its header . mid pipe. straight pipe . then catback right? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,for now i have an agency power catback, can i just buy a striaght pipe and put it on?
Old 02-22-2018, 04:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2009 C63 AMG, 2015 Toyota Tundra TRD PRO
Originally Posted by 328504220@qq.co
So, its header . mid pipe. straight pipe . then catback right? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,for now i have an agency power catback, can i just buy a striaght pipe and put it on?
If you want to be loud you need headers. I was just like you a couple years ago. Wanted my car loud and didn't know what to do. Some people told me to delete the cats and stuff. Secondary cat delete will make the car loud! But if you want to go all out you need headers.

Get long tube headers, mid pipes and then keep the stock catback. It will be loud as ****. I used to have that setup and I loved it. Until my neighbors started to complain about the cold start up. Its pretty loud and obnoxious!

Then I had to get agency power valvetronic catback exhaust to quiet down the cold start. Its definitely quieter, but one thing I hate is that with the valvetronic catback exhaust you will never be as loud as it was when you had the stock catback with headers and mids.

I eventually sold my AP catback and got IPE. It sounds great but not much sound difference. Still not as loud as headers-midpipes-stock catback.

My suggestion for you is since you already have AP catback exhaust. Take out your secondary cats and see how it sounds if you like it then keep it. If you still want to go louder go for long tube headers and mid pipes.
328504220@qq.co (03-06-2018)
Old 02-22-2018, 07:38 AM

Received 66 Likes on 29 Posts
996 Turbo, E86 Z4M, GLE 63 AMGs
Originally Posted by Mark63
If you want to be loud you need headers. I was just like you a couple years ago. Wanted my car loud and didn't know what to do. Some people told me to delete the cats and stuff. Secondary cat delete will make the car loud! But if you want to go all out you need headers.

Get long tube headers, mid pipes and then keep the stock catback. It will be loud as ****. I used to have that setup and I loved it. Until my neighbors started to complain about the cold start up. Its pretty loud and obnoxious!

Then I had to get agency power valvetronic catback exhaust to quiet down the cold start. Its definitely quieter, but one thing I hate is that with the valvetronic catback exhaust you will never be as loud as it was when you had the stock catback with headers and mids.

I eventually sold my AP catback and got IPE. It sounds great but not much sound difference. Still not as loud as headers-midpipes-stock catback.

My suggestion for you is since you already have AP catback exhaust. Take out your secondary cats and see how it sounds if you like it then keep it. If you still want to go louder go for long tube headers and mid pipes.
Thats interesting to hear your feedback, i had always assumed that the valvetronic exhausts were louder than the stock exhaust, with headers and valves open.
I just installed ARH LTHs with High Flow Cats, and stock mufflers. Although loud, and definitely head turning on downshifts and 2500rpm up, the exhaust note was all distorted. Kinda like a trumpet. Since then i have swapped it out with a Remus Catback, and the sound in cabin, is like stock muffler+secondary cat delete+resonator delete. (too quiet for me). The note that comes out from the remus, although so much more refined and controlled, isn't as crisp and clear as the stock mufflers.

Next step, i Just purchased a Meisterschaft GT2, and bought two vibrant bullet resonators. Am planning to install the Meisterschaft with res delete first, and see how i like it. Should the sound be unbearable, i would throw the Vibrant resonators in.
328504220@qq.co (03-06-2018)
Old 02-22-2018, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
97 Porsche GT2 Wide Bodied Cabrio, Mercedes G500
How loud do you want it?
Here is my evolution of exhaust mods. It's loud enough for me that i don't need long tube headers (And I drive live a granny)

When I did the X pipe the exhaust lost it's "Growl" sounded smoother and more refined. I then deleted the resonator and the exhaust came back to life. Sounds like it did stock just a lot louder hahaha.

1) ROW air box and AFE filters

2) Row air box, AFE filters and X pipe

3) Row air box, AFE filters, x pipe and resonator delete

In garage

4) Renntech air box, AFE filters, x pipe and resonator delete

Hope these videos help

Last edited by Rsquad911; 02-22-2018 at 12:24 PM.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by hadam3
Thats interesting to hear your feedback, i had always assumed that the valvetronic exhausts were louder than the stock exhaust, with headers and valves open.
I just installed ARH LTHs with High Flow Cats, and stock mufflers. Although loud, and definitely head turning on downshifts and 2500rpm up, the exhaust note was all distorted. Kinda like a trumpet. Since then i have swapped it out with a Remus Catback, and the sound in cabin, is like stock muffler+secondary cat delete+resonator delete. (too quiet for me). The note that comes out from the remus, although so much more refined and controlled, isn't as crisp and clear as the stock mufflers.

Next step, i Just purchased a Meisterschaft GT2, and bought two vibrant bullet resonators. Am planning to install the Meisterschaft with res delete first, and see how i like it. Should the sound be unbearable, i would throw the Vibrant resonators in.
how much u want for that remus?