C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Looking to buy a 2014 c63 507 coupe

Old 03-21-2018, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none
Exclamation Looking to buy a 2014 c63 507 coupe

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum here and I am looking to buy a 2014 c63 edition 507 coupe. The one I am interested in has approximately 35,000 miles or 56,000kms. What are some things I should look for before purchase? Any particular issues with this generation vehicle? Anything specific I should keep in mind? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Old 03-21-2018, 07:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 679 Likes on 464 Posts
12 C63BS Magno Alanite Grey, 22 X3M Brooklyn Grey, 08 BMW E93, 22 Ducati Desert Sled, John Deere 3R
Location would help as options varied by region - it is basically the last of the best, so really most of the issues have been addressed that early cars experienced, so not much to look out for on them.

Car really should have an LSD, was an option in the US, so you would want option 471 also in a US car, but can be added after the fact fairly easily from several aftermarket companies.

One issue mine had at 30k is that the red brake calipers have a tendency to loose their clearcoat for some reason, the non red did not have an issue, so look at the calipers for signs of pealing, or in my case no clearcoat at all so the car looks like it has flat red calipers, they should be nice and glossy red - all calipers were replaced under warranty.

30k will get the front rotors fairly worn down and they are 800-1000 each so take a good look at them, dealer is 2500 for front rotors and pads.

Rear tires probably will have no tread as that is normal for these cars, check that

Not much else to tell you look for a good service history, drivers seat bolster will probably show some wear as that is normal otherwise 30k 4 year old car, should look almost new if it was taken car of!
The following users liked this post:
drizzydrake24 (03-23-2018)
Old 03-24-2018, 05:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none
I live in Vancouver, so safe to say the vehicle probably has not seen much snow. I don't know specifically if Canadian vehicles would come with the LSD option. Would you be able to tell me more about the LSD? What does it do? How do I know if the vehicle is equipped with it?
Old 03-24-2018, 06:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C63 AMG, CLK 63 Black series, CLS63 AMG shooting brake
As already said, it's the last version so mostly all issues are solved... And you have the better gearbox, nicer interior and good headbolts...
It's a great car and limited in production numbers so go for it!
Old 03-24-2018, 07:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts
C63 507 AMG DA Car #19
Lsd

to learn about a pot new used benz, bring it. And or the vin to your dealer to lookup the options and svc history. Gl
Old 03-24-2018, 07:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 679 Likes on 464 Posts
12 C63BS Magno Alanite Grey, 22 X3M Brooklyn Grey, 08 BMW E93, 22 Ducati Desert Sled, John Deere 3R
Originally Posted by drizzydrake24
I live in Vancouver, so safe to say the vehicle probably has not seen much snow. I don't know specifically if Canadian vehicles would come with the LSD option. Would you be able to tell me more about the LSD? What does it do? How do I know if the vehicle is equipped with it?
Limited Slip Differential - basically when you apply power it will put the power to both back wheel pretty evenly even if the wheels slip - standard differential once one wheel starts to slip will apply all the power to the wheel that slips.

So basically when you step on it hard, you get both wheels spinning - 2 black marks on the road - better for donuts, better for drifting, but better for traction with a lot of power.

Option code that will show up is 471 if you run the VIN and check options.

Looks like in Canada the 507 option included the LSD and the carbon fiber trim and spoiler in CF.

Edition 507 Package (MFS):
• 56 Additional Horsepower
• Top Speed Raised to 280 km/h
• Limited-Slip Differential
• Tire Pressure Monitoring System
• AMG Trunk Lid Spoiler in Carbon Fibre
• AMG Carbon Fibre Trim
• Red Brake Calipers
• AMG High Performance Braking System
• AMG Performance Alcantara Steering Wheel
• Passive Lane Keeping and Blind Spot Assist
• COMAND Online Navigation w/MB Apps
• Rear View Camera
• PARKTRONIC w/Parking Guidance
• harman/kardon Surround Sound System (450w, 12 speakers)
• KEYLESS-GO