C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

New C63 Owner: Intro & 2 Questions (Transmission Fluid)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63 AMG
New C63 Owner: Intro & 2 Questions (Transmission Fluid)

Hey Everyone!

First, I'd like to thank Valvestud and gianton for the VIN decode help early in my purchasing process. This community has been instrumental in the search process and preparing for C63 ownership. I look forward to being a valuable contributor after I've owned the car a bit longer, but for now, I just have a couple questions. I am the new owner of a 2011 C63 with 50K miles, pictured below. I have been searching for a while and ended up picking one up in Arizona and driving it back to Minnesota this week. It was the most fun I've had driving in YEARS. Could not be happier with the switch from the Audi A4. To preface the questions, I think the car is brilliant and I plan to keep it for a very long time.

1) Transmission fluid: I have read quite a few threads on this and am a little bit conflicted about what to do. My situation is as follows: The car has some, but not all service records. I just hit 50K during my drive home from Arizona and I'm conflicted about whether or not to go ahead and change the transmission fluid. I do not have records from the owner between 35K-48K miles. It was taken as a trade and he did not share his records, only the prior records. So, I do not know whether or not the transmission fluids were taken care of at the recommended interval. I'm 10K beyond that now. Would you go ahead and change it sooner rather than later? Any way the techs can tell if it's been changed before?

2) PPI done by Mercedes-Benz of Scottsdale found no issues with the car outside of a cracked flex disc, which upon searching, is fairly common. Service A was done at 48.5K. Any other preventative maintenance you all would recommend doing while it's in for the flex disc?

Thanks in advance! Very happy to be a part of the community.

Casey
Old 04-05-2018, 07:48 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
C63 AMG 2009
hi , I'm working at Mercedes-Benz as a tech, in Canada. To answer to your question :

1) Tranny oil flush interval is important. If you are not sure if it was done before, i recommend to do it. Your local MB dealer can look with your VIN if it was done before at any MB dealer in USA(not in INDY shop). Also, the tech can't see if it was done because he need to remove drain plug of tranny to see the oil, no other way... So, I recommend to do , it wil be safe and you will maybe notice different in shifting(smoother and faster).

2)For preventive maintenance, you can do an differentiel oil flush and coolant flush. Also, spark plug replacement will be a good idea if it was never done in the past.

I have an 2009 C63 P30 and i looooove it ! Very reliable car ( for his kind of category of course)

if you have any question , just ask !

sorry for my bad english , i'm french lol

Last edited by alyqc; 04-05-2018 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 680 Likes on 465 Posts
12 C63BS Magno Alanite Grey, 22 X3M Brooklyn Grey, 08 BMW E93, 22 Ducati Desert Sled, John Deere 3R
I would concur with above, if you don't know then just do it, only way to really tell is to take the fluid out to inspect and then you are half done the change so either way you would put new in. All the rest are of course good recommendations also and 50k is time for engine oil.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by alyqc
hi , I'm working at Mercedes-Benz as a tech, in Canada. To answer to your question :

1) Tranny oil flush interval is important. If you are not sure if it was done before, i recommend to do it. Your local MB dealer can look with your VIN if it was done before at any MB dealer in USA(not in INDY shop). Also, the tech can't see if it was done because he need to remove drain plug of tranny to see the oil, no other way... So, I recommend to do , it wil be safe and you will maybe notice different in shifting(smoother and faster).

2)For preventive maintenance, you can do an differentiel oil flush and coolant flush. Also, spark plug replacement will be a good idea if it was never done in the past.

I have an 2009 C63 P30 and i looooove it ! Very reliable car ( for his kind of category of course)

if you have any question , just ask !

sorry for my bad english , i'm french lol
Your English is brilliant, don't apologise! Thank you very much for the thorough response and specific recommendations. I'll call the dealer tomorrow and have them look up the VIN and then go from there. Thanks again for your help.