C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

WTB: Need front windshield

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 09:48 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
'18 Audi A4
Arrow WTB: Need front windshield

Any vendors who would ship to me or my nearest dealer, need to buy a front windshield for my 2012 sedan. I looked in the vendor section but can't post in there. Please pm me your prices shipped to 20906 or 20904. Thank you.
WDDGF7HB7CA670435
2012 C63 Sedan

Last edited by Conv_GSDriver; 04-09-2018 at 12:55 PM.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:11 PM

Received 86 Likes on 80 Posts
16 GLC 19 Volvo XC40 06Corvette Z06
Originally Posted by Conv_GSDriver
Any vendors who would ship to me or my nearest dealer, need to buy a front windshield for my 2012 sedan. I looked in the vendor section but can't post in there. Please pm me your prices shipped to 20906 or 20904. Thank you.
You are approaching the problem in a very unorthodox manner which very likely will not achieve the objective.

Not aware of a glass vendor that monitors this forum. Further, in order to identify the correct part number windshield, the vehicle's year, model and vin are required .

Make it easy on yourself; simply take the vehicle to your M-B dealer or search a reputable glass repair shop. Automobile glass replacement is a specialized task, which most dealers outsource. I asked the dealer who they used for glass replacement and then went directly to them. Lower price.

If its important that you get a M-B branded glass make it clear to the dealer/installer. If your comfortable with other than M-B branded glass its likely the cost will be less.

Check your insurance. Depending on your coverage and where you live your insurance may cover all or at least part of the cost.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:53 PM

'18 Audi A4
Larry, thanks but many of the things you pointed out, I have already looked into. You are correct in posting the VIN to get the correct rain sensing/non-sensing glass and I do want the MB glass. It's what I would expect if purchasing from someone else.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:00 AM

'18 Audi A4
So, I have poked around online and found some great prices for the front windshield from several sources. The problem, none of these places will ship glass, not even to my local MB dealer by providing their address, and some of these are MB dealerships selling online. The fact they won't ship to anyone because of risk of damage is kind of BS to include the fact that their return policy says they do not process returns for glass parts so WTF? You can sell to anyone with that no return policy. My local dealership would have to order it anyway as it is not in stock. I understand the liability is on them and not on me but still, these things are usually crated and with plenty of foam on both sides when it is OEM original packaging. This creates some frustration to say the least.