Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Android Widescreen touchscreen For W204

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2023, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Several years has passed and wondering if these systems have "matured" to the point that there no longer any issues? Has anyone bought a 12.3" from eBay like the one in the pic below:

Old 08-21-2023, 01:24 PM

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
I've done all my homework on these chinesium Android head units and in the end I determined that the answer for me is thanks, but no thanks. They will all have some sort of problem, annoyance, or shortcoming. My level of tolerance for cheap head units is very low plus in the end I think it looks like hot garbage when viewed outside of pics. I'd rather keep it clean and OEM, but this is a weekend car for me and perhaps I would feel differently if it was my DD.
The following users liked this post:
Sincity (08-22-2023)
Old 08-21-2023, 03:10 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
I've had mine (12.2" inch) for three years, bought it (semi) directly off Aliexpress, installed it myself. Outside of not automatically connecting and launching CarPlay on the rare occasion and absolutely minimal room to fit the cabling and gigantor intermediate connectors, it's been fantastic. Probably the most useful and productive $200 i've ever spent on an automotive add on. Been thinking about doing the same to my AMG GT—only thing stopping me is how little I drive that car.
Sincity (08-22-2023)
Old 08-22-2023, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Can you post a pic of how it looks inside your car and from the outside looking in? TIA!
Old 08-23-2023, 04:41 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd have more of an issue with the tacked on feel of the screen if Mercedes OE vernacular wasn't the same…

With a 22 pg thread everything has probably been said about this subject but i'm wholeheartedly satisfied with this purchase. Hop in the car and it syncs right up. You're able to toggle back and forth between the original UI if you want to I never do other than occasionally wanting to use the factory phone set up b/c the mic is better. Installing and connecting a backup camera was a breeze. It has the same functionality as a tablet if you're so inclined to go to town on apps or what not, but just CarPlay has been a godsend for me.

The units on Aliexpress are the same units US resellers sell, the extra cost is in theory for piece of mind that your tech support will speak English. I had a couple of questions on install and they were fairly responsive—i think NaviFly was the seller.

Last edited by lilbaggie; 08-23-2023 at 04:44 PM. Reason: spacing
Sincity (08-23-2023)
Old 08-23-2023, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by lilbaggie

I'd have more of an issue with the tacked on feel of the screen if Mercedes OE vernacular wasn't the same…

With a 22 pg thread everything has probably been said about this subject but i'm wholeheartedly satisfied with this purchase. Hop in the car and it syncs right up. You're able to toggle back and forth between the original UI if you want to I never do other than occasionally wanting to use the factory phone set up b/c the mic is better. Installing and connecting a backup camera was a breeze. It has the same functionality as a tablet if you're so inclined to go to town on apps or what not, but just CarPlay has been a godsend for me.

The units on Aliexpress are the same units US resellers sell, the extra cost is in theory for piece of mind that your tech support will speak English. I had a couple of questions on install and they were fairly responsive—i think NaviFly was the seller.
Thank you for taking the time to post the pics.