Sponsored by:

Aftermarket LED/HID for C63?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 Mercedes C63
Aftermarket LED/HID for C63?

Can anyone point me in the direction of how I can get an HID/LED setup on my 2012 C63 (didn't come factory). From all my previous car, purchasing an aftermarket kit and installing was as simple as it sounded and looked, so my buddy owns a local car shop that sells aftermarket parts for all types of cars and he has HID/LED kits with built in CANbus so I thought i'd give it a try...so I took one kit, the LED has built in fan etc so was bulkier and fit in the actual part of the headlight but unlike other cars I've had it didn't have a "latch" so to speak that would lock the bulb into place, instead it has like a rubber fitting the obviously wouldn't fit over the LED light, additionally even if I was able to make it stay in place the lights still didn't turn on...so from my brief research seems as if I'd have to get the ECU flashed etc to have it reading the new mod and so on to trick the computer into reading the new wattage, is this true even if I ran a 35W kit?

So I called my local Benz dealer and they said they couldn't add the feature for me even if I wanted too, they just don't do that however pointed me in direction of another reputable benz shop that could probably do this for me. I called and the guy told me I'd have to buy projector headlights, all necessary fittings to switch over, the actual hid unit etc etc, basically going to cost me around $2000-$2500, I don't know about any of you guys but to me this sounds ridiculous to just add a mod as small as lights. So is there any other options I have? I'm open to stock halogen bulbs that may put out better output and have a white look rather than stock yellow but don't know which brand is the best etc. Ideally I'd like to run a LED kit since they are brighter, I'm located in the Costa Mesa area of SoCal so if you or a shop locally can help me out just shoot me the info. Thanks ahead of time
Old 05-09-2018, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,836 Likes on 1,674 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
DEPO bi-xenon or LED facelift lights on eBay are going to be your easiest and cheapest plug-and-play solution. User fishcake321. They are going to be fine for most. You can upgrade the guts from there later if you want, that’s going to be easier too.

Last edited by BLKROKT; 05-09-2018 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-11-2018, 03:26 PM

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts
2015 C63s Sedan
My old 204 came with factory halogens, I bought new headlights and retrofitted Morimoto mini D2s projectors with ballast.
No ECU coding needed and they were basically plug & play. Light output was superior, with colorful cutoff.