Long Tube Header Installation Help Needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 12:34 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Long Tube Header Installation Help Needed

Hi

i just bought Benzworks long tube headers for my 2009 C63 AMG. I need help installing them. All I heard is, it is a pretty long PITA job to do. I do not own a garage, instead have a car port so I thought I would either do it at some shop. Do you guys know any good shop that can install my headers in Michigan. I live in Ann Arbor, MI but can travel up to 200 miles from here for a good shop or if some generous member wants to help me out it would be great.

I look forward to replies. Thanks for your time.

Regards
Jay
Old 06-07-2018, 05:10 PM

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
2014 C63 AMG 507 sedan
Glad to see a fellow from Michigan. I’m in Rochester.

I’ve had some work done at Motorwerks in Commerce township. I’ve discussed headers and superchargers with them prior, but never pulled the trigger. It’s a bit of a drive for you, but they have a lot of experience with AMGs in this area.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:24 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Thrilla
Glad to see a fellow from Michigan. I’m in Rochester.

I’ve had some work done at Motorwerks in Commerce township. I’ve discussed headers and superchargers with them prior, but never pulled the trigger. It’s a bit of a drive for you, but they have a lot of experience with AMGs in this area.
Glad to see you too. Thank you for the reply. I would contact Motorwerks tomorrow to see how much they quote me for headers install. Let me know if any other place comes in mind.

Regards
Jay
Old 06-08-2018, 04:11 AM

Received 240 Likes on 160 Posts
lived not too far from AA, and ended up at Turn in Concepts near Cincinnati, OH - Tony Barber and his shop install many ARH LT systems on the C63, as well as LSDs.
They also do in-house tuning with HP Tuners, and I believe they can optimize VVT with this tuning suite. (You'll need a tune anyway, to optimize system after LTH installation)
A bit of a drive (or rent a truck + trailer), but was definitely worth it - they did an impeccable job on both LTH & LSD installation, and were among the best priced.

recommend a true ceramic coating for the headers (Swain Tech White Lightning), especially if you have any inkling of tracking the car

Last edited by MBNRG; 06-08-2018 at 04:17 AM.
Old 06-08-2018, 06:37 AM

2009 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by MBNRG
lived not too far from AA, and ended up at Turn in Concepts near Cincinnati, OH - Tony Barber and his shop install many ARH LT systems on the C63, as well as LSDs.
They also do in-house tuning with HP Tuners, and I believe they can optimize VVT with this tuning suite. (You'll need a tune anyway, to optimize system after LTH installation)
A bit of a drive (or rent a truck + trailer), but was definitely worth it - they did an impeccable job on both LTH & LSD installation, and were among the best priced.

recommend a true ceramic coating for the headers (Swain Tech White Lightning), especially if you have any inkling of tracking the car

Can you PM me how much approximately it costed to get LTH installed? And did you had to ship the headers to get it coated?
Old 06-09-2018, 04:48 PM

Received 240 Likes on 160 Posts
Header install was ~600, LSD install was ~480
Will need new Exhaust manifold gaskets ~35

Ceramic coating from Swain Tech was ~700 all in with return shipping from NY, but had all pipes coated from headers right up to (but not including) Resonator, so if you're only coating headers, it will be significantly lower.