C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

After months, finally back on the road!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 09:10 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
'10 C63 P30
After months, finally back on the road!

LSS, picked up a clean 2010 p30 earlier this year in need of some maintenance/upgrades. Did 200 miles of light driving to get a feel and then put it on ramps. Got 90% of new HBs done then blew out my neck(out 3 months), started to recover from that when stomach/weight issues arrose(1+month). Finally getting over those enough to complete new HBs, get it back on the road and push it a bit - man what a great car!

I'm lucky(spoiled) enough to have and test quite a few 'affordable toys' and never found an MB(earlier models) that I had to have, but this car speaks to me. It's still lacking in areas for me, but am looking forward to the journey of getting it 'there' (on a reasonable budget) with the following goals/projects...

-suspension - worn out p30 with a used/clean p31+HR springs waiting in garage
-sound/power - want a bit more volume growl and have a 'budget' exhaust in mind - will post if/when I complete
-fuel/power - bought an E85 flex fuel set-up a while back. Will install and then determine whether I want to upgrade FI/pump
-power - plan either a canned or custom tune - I understand EC has a place in Cinci(I'm in Indy) - if reasonable, will probably go for custom after all mods are done
-get the rear to connect better - have a new set of MPSS waiting to replace some worn V12s that I'm sure will help, but I'm guessing its either wide-body or, more likely, learn to be a better driver
-quicker shifts - not expecting Porsche DC here(not that I've ever tried one) but hope a tune will help - still researching
-more bass - I usually go a bit nuts on stereo systems but have a simple free-air sub set-up to add, that I hope will do enough - will post when I do.
-Android WS - want to make sure I'm VERY happy with the car 1st, but the one that gets talked about here looks promising

will try to post as I go

PSA: Costco has the Quickjack 5000 for $1099 shipped(BOd), and $999 in certain stores. My cheap *** is waiting for local stock, but will probably pull the trigger soon to help get a few things mentioned above done.
Old 10-27-2018, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts
W212 - E63 AMG
Congrats man, enjoy and be safe.
Old 10-27-2018, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 429 Likes on 352 Posts
2012 C63;1971 280SE 3.5(Sold);2023 EQS 450 SUV 4 Matic (Wife's)
Good to hear you are feeling better and able to move forward. Plans sound good, looking forward to tagging along, proceed!
Old 10-27-2018, 06:58 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
'10 C63 P30
thanks for the good wishes.
plan on posting as I go as long as I've something to add