C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C63 owners, Whats your take on the Bmw 1M?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 12:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C63
C63 owners, Whats your take on the Bmw 1M?

Hello guys, what title says....
I am the proud owner of a 2013 bare bones C63 coupe, its my weeked toy car and I love it to death, what an engine! very fun to drive, only 12,000 miles on the clock and in pristine condition, My DD is a boring Toyota Land Cruiser since I cant drive anything else to work. Last week my sales guy offered me a 2012 BMW 1M with only 6000 miles, evolve full exhaust and AFE intake, looked like new!, I am loosing sleep thinking about the swap, price wise its just $6K over my C63 that he would take on a trade, 1Ms are cheap in this part of the world compared to the ridiculous prices in the US.
Both great cars but the 1M seems to be more "special" , I had a few interesting cars before like a 991 Carrera 4S that I had to let go since it was too blingy here, I dont miss it a bit when I am cruising in my C63. The 1M is also a very fun drive, great power and cracking sound with a proper but tiring manual transmission in this horrible traffic, suspension was also a bit hard for my 48 y/o a$$ but what a toy! what would you do? Take the M car or keep the AMG? Please advise. Thanks

Last edited by galion; 11-18-2018 at 12:54 AM.
Old 11-18-2018, 01:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 396 Likes on 268 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
I wouldn’t trade straight across let alone money on top...so that tells you all you need to know about my preference...
The 1m I was in a while ago wasn’t that impressive and what makes you say it’s “special”?
its the entry level m car ... the recent m2 was far more impressive to me at least and seemed quite a bit more up scale and impressive to me. But I would still prefer the 63...
Old 11-18-2018, 01:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C63
Originally Posted by deadlyvt
I wouldn’t trade straight across let alone money on top...so that tells you all you need to know about my preference...
The 1m I was in a while ago wasn’t that impressive and what makes you say it’s “special”?
its the entry level m car ... the recent m2 was far more impressive to me at least and seemed quite a bit more up scale and impressive to me. But I would still prefer the 63...
Well, only 6000 made as a 2012 model year ,400 imported to the US, Very hard to find and soon to be a collectible, many say its the best M car since the e30 M3, The C63 is a fantastic car to me, but nowhere as rare as an 1M. But you have a valid opinion, special or not, Its very hard for me to justify the trade.

Last edited by galion; 11-18-2018 at 01:51 AM.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:57 AM

Received 168 Likes on 113 Posts
2009 C63 P30
I came from an N55 135i and know all about the lust for the 1M. Since so many of us were doing 1M body kits etc. I think it’s cool the 1M exists sure. But at the end of the day I’m not a car collector. I’m a driver. The 1M was rare yes. It’s also small. It also has a plastic interior. The M2 sort of destroys the argument for paying the prices people here ask which is basically MSRP when new. All your left with is a neat coupe that we didn’t get many of. Styling is kinda bland. And only enthusiasts would recognize the uniqueness of the car. I’m much happier in my C63 than a E8x.
The following users liked this post:
galion (11-25-2018)
Old 11-18-2018, 08:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 547 Likes on 483 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC........ 2011 C63 AMG.............. 2015 CLS400 4MATIC.....
Agree, the M2 is much better, but I still wouldn't choose it over a C63.

How about you modify your C63
Old 11-19-2018, 03:11 AM

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
2012 C63 AMG, 1991 325iS. Ex: 2011 C63 P31
I never thought much about the 1M for a few years that it was around, then I drove one and that changed everything for me. I absolutely love that car so much, also I'm a manual fanboy so that makes it even better.
However, from an enjoyment and thrills, ****s and giggles point of view, I would choose the C63 over the 1M any day.
From a financial point of view, I would definitely choose the 1M.
Here in South Africa, that car is just going up in value like there's no tomorrow. It was R545000 brand new, and they are now selling for around R700 000 for a 2011 with +60 000km!
Old 11-19-2018, 07:29 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
'10 C63 P30
Both great but very different. Doesn't sound like you collect and if 1Ms are that cheap there, may not appreciate like here at least not for quite some time. 08-10 135i(twin turbo) are dirt cheap here - if it's the same there and feasible - keep your C, buy an older 135i(with DCT if you don't like manuals) and mod it for 1M performance or better.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 546 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
I've driven both a 1M and a 135i M Sport. They're a lot of fun on the track, but they're not even remotely in the same category as a C63. A much more "fair" comparison would be to a CLA45, and if those were your two choices, the BMW might be the winner as it has an excellent chassis with better dynamics, it is RWD and you can get one with a stick instead of a DCT, but it would be a very noticeable downgrade from a C63 in every respect (except for track handling).
Old 11-22-2018, 03:09 PM

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
C63
M1is a vagina car!
Old 11-23-2018, 11:26 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
C63BS
I own both cars (although my c63 is a black series).

I absolutly love both of them but they are very different if you really love driving and are into the details of these things.

To me they both represent the pinnacle of the heritage for both brands.

The c63 of course is all centered around that engine. The engine dominates everything and you actually use the throttle to get you around bends, etc. I won't go into the c63 as you obviously know the car well.

The 1m is the opposite in that it's all about the mythical BMW handling and feel. It's a car that likes to be driven precisely and will reward you if you do drive neatly. But it has a short wheel base so if you aren't paying attention it will snap back and bite you in the ***. Trust me it will bite you when you have a mental lapse. This is all due to the short wheel base that makes the car a twitchy car by BMW standards and worlds away from the c63 handling.

The 1m is a smaller car then the c63 but feels micro sized when you are really driving fast and it just wraps around you and feels like an extension of your arms and legs. This is something I really love about BMW, a feature that is completely gone in new bmws such as the m2 or m3. This can also be a bad feature depending on what you use the car for. For long journeys or times when you just want to relax and space out the c63 is actually much better at this and more forgiving.

The interior of the c63, while I would not call it high quality by any means, still feels 1 step above the 1m. Neither car bothers me on that aspect since the bonuses of each car far outweigh the interior quality. But if I had to pick one, I'd go with c63 interior.

Ergonomics of both cars cars are similar. Again due to the small size of the 1m I find driving it in the city and parking etc to be a breeze where I have to watch out with the c63 (again mine is a black series so I have to watch out for the fenders, might be different with the regular one)

in the end, if I had to chose one car and my requisite was fun and handling and I would take the 1m. I've always been a BMW person and appreciated handling above all else. As an overall package, a car that can do it all including a daily commute then I would take the c63 every time. I think it may come down to what stage of life you are at. I'm at the point where I have to commute to work every day, etc..

I keep my 1m garaged for the most part and use my c63 5 days of the week. So actions speak louder then words.

I will also also add this, the 1m gets a lot of positive attention and vibes, something you normally don't get from driving a BMW. It's a pleasant surprise. Even the average idiot will give you a thumbs up every now and then. The c63 seems to only get positive attention from scumbags. Probably because they think I am also a scumbag like them. In the end I don't care abut that kind of thing, but throwing it out there in case it makes a difference to you.

those are the thoughts at the top of my mind. I'm still groggy from thanksgiving turkey but if you have any questions please let me know and I'm happy to answer as I truly love both for what each one offers. I've owned the 1m as new and the c63 for 5 years now so I'm very familiar with both cars
The following 2 users liked this post by darkus:
galion (11-25-2018), Vpatriota (11-28-2018)
Old 11-28-2018, 12:16 AM

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by darkus
I own both cars (although my c63 is a black series).

I absolutly love both of them but they are very different if you really love driving and are into the details of these things.

To me they both represent the pinnacle of the heritage for both brands.

The c63 of course is all centered around that engine. The engine dominates everything and you actually use the throttle to get you around bends, etc. I won't go into the c63 as you obviously know the car well.

The 1m is the opposite in that it's all about the mythical BMW handling and feel. It's a car that likes to be driven precisely and will reward you if you do drive neatly. But it has a short wheel base so if you aren't paying attention it will snap back and bite you in the ***. Trust me it will bite you when you have a mental lapse. This is all due to the short wheel base that makes the car a twitchy car by BMW standards and worlds away from the c63 handling.

The 1m is a smaller car then the c63 but feels micro sized when you are really driving fast and it just wraps around you and feels like an extension of your arms and legs. This is something I really love about BMW, a feature that is completely gone in new bmws such as the m2 or m3. This can also be a bad feature depending on what you use the car for. For long journeys or times when you just want to relax and space out the c63 is actually much better at this and more forgiving.

The interior of the c63, while I would not call it high quality by any means, still feels 1 step above the 1m. Neither car bothers me on that aspect since the bonuses of each car far outweigh the interior quality. But if I had to pick one, I'd go with c63 interior.

Ergonomics of both cars cars are similar. Again due to the small size of the 1m I find driving it in the city and parking etc to be a breeze where I have to watch out with the c63 (again mine is a black series so I have to watch out for the fenders, might be different with the regular one)

in the end, if I had to chose one car and my requisite was fun and handling and I would take the 1m. I've always been a BMW person and appreciated handling above all else. As an overall package, a car that can do it all including a daily commute then I would take the c63 every time. I think it may come down to what stage of life you are at. I'm at the point where I have to commute to work every day, etc..

I keep my 1m garaged for the most part and use my c63 5 days of the week. So actions speak louder then words.

I will also also add this, the 1m gets a lot of positive attention and vibes, something you normally don't get from driving a BMW. It's a pleasant surprise. Even the average idiot will give you a thumbs up every now and then. The c63 seems to only get positive attention from scumbags. Probably because they think I am also a scumbag like them. In the end I don't care abut that kind of thing, but throwing it out there in case it makes a difference to you.

those are the thoughts at the top of my mind. I'm still groggy from thanksgiving turkey but if you have any questions please let me know and I'm happy to answer as I truly love both for what each one offers. I've owned the 1m as new and the c63 for 5 years now so I'm very familiar with both cars
Thanks, now I have this voice back in my head again “go find your 1M before they ruin them all” I drove one once - heavy traffic, not as exciting as I was expecting. I don’t quite like BMW’s, and here in Brazil it’s the opposite: BMW’s gets lots of attention from douchebags, juvenile guys that seems to be always racing someone in traffic. But damn, that car looks good. The steering wheel feels precise, the 3-pedal is becoming rarer as we speak, and the looks. It’s just so beautiful. Luckly I forget all of this when I turn the key of the C63. I don’t know if I’m ever going to be able to sell it, even if a profitable deal.

My 0,02cents for OP: if you’re more of a racing-car guy, and likes to go set some laptimes here and there, probably the 1M will suit you better... If you just want to enjoy a good future classic, don’t leave the C63. It’ll still be fun as hell in ten, twenty, or fifty years.

Good luck with your decision!
Best regards,
V.