Sponsored by:

how to cancel extended warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 04:04 PM

Received 108 Likes on 85 Posts
2014 C63
how to cancel extended warranty

I bought a 2 year extended warranty on top of my CPO. Getting the run around. I called 1800-merc and they said I had to call the dealer where i purchased it. I called that dealer, they said to call 1800-merc. Any advice?
Old 01-23-2019, 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 92 Likes on 81 Posts
C63 AMG
I cancelled mine (4/100) directly with MBUSA. They gave me a hard time so you have to be persistent. I cancelled because the dlr that sold it to me shorted me one year on the coverage - meaning I paid for four and got three so rather than fight to add on the year I should have I gotten I just cancelled the whole thing. Extremely annoying process overall. Just fight through the "can't do it" BS.
Old 01-23-2019, 05:53 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2013 P31 C63 Coupe
I'm currently in the process of refunding a wheel warranty package. Read through your contract first to see what you're up against. For my situation, it was 100% refund within 60 days or prorated after 60 days with instructions to call the dealership where I bought the warranty from. I called the financial advisor at the dealership and told him that I read through my contract and was allowed to cancel with a prorated refund. He then asked me for my vin/make/model and sent me a cancellation form. Just some extra steps but, I also went ahead and called the 3rd party warranty company to know how much I would get refunded incase the dealership decides to shortchange me.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:32 PM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
2018 CLA 250
Thumbs up CPO Warranty Cancellation Form

Originally Posted by skullbox15
I bought a 2 year extended warranty on top of my CPO. Getting the run around. I called 1800-merc and they said I had to call the dealer where i purchased it. I called that dealer, they said to call 1800-merc. Any advice?
THIS WILL HELP

Same thing happened to me. In order to cancel, they say you simply need to submit a CPO Warranty Cancellation form. Except getting that form is anything but simple!

I started with one simple text to the guy at the dealership who sold me the car asking for the cancellation form. We went back and forth between me, him, and his manager. They then sent me incorrect forms, when I said these were the wrong forms, they then sent me some other forms pertaining to my sale that I already had. They also included the finance guy who did my paperwork on the email, as well as the finance manager. Why would you need 4 people attached to an email about a simple cancellation form?? Well, that's because warranties are pure profit for them and they will do anything they can to hold on to it.

This is their way of acting "confused and being unsure of what forms you need." Don't let them play you, call them out on it! This is from the finance manager, they'll likely try to say something like this to you:

"As for the CPO warranty, there is no cancellation form. If you decide to cancel your warranty, we can tell you exactly a refund amount which is calculated from Mercedes BENZ website. Once the warranty is cancelled we issue the cancellation certificate showing the dollar amount that is due to the customer. If your loan is still outstanding, the refund will go to your lender and will be deducted from the amount you owe."

Um, NO! That's wrong and he knows it. Here's how you call them out:

​​​​​​"
As for the CPO Warranty, what you stated is incorrect and is also an unfair business practice withholding financial transparency of a sale. According to the warranty contract section 11.1:
"You may cancel the Agreement at any time by submitting to the Selling Dealer or any Authorized Dealer proof of ownership for the Vehicle and a completed written Cancellation Form, which is available from the Selling Dealer or any Authorized Dealer."
Clearly, the CPO Warranty does have a cancellation form, you're giving me the runaround for what should have been one simple email with both forms attached and there are now four people attached to this. What's your reason for this? I'd appreciate it if you send the form over so we can all move forward with our day. "

He was adamant that he had no access to the form, but if i ever decided to cancel the warranty he would call MB USA immediately and have them email to form to him. I immediately responded:

​​​​​​"This runaround situation has caused me to lose trust not only in the warranty, but your specific dealership's handling of service. Because of this, I'd like to move forward and cancel the CPO Warranty. My Sale Contract, which is my proof of car ownership and proof of Agreement price, is attached. This is well within the specified time period to receive a full refund.
CANCELLATION 11.2:
" If this Agreement is cancelled prior to the date coverage begins, or within the first sixty (60) days after coverage begins, and no claims have been filed, the entire Agreement price will be refunded by the Selling Dealer."
Please go ahead and call MB USA and request the cancellation form to be emailed to you."

Less than 20 seconds after this, a Cancellation form fully filled out with my info was in my inbox. This was a crappy situation to deal with and took about 2 hours and about a dozen emails and texts. I don't want anyone else to go through this headache, so GOOD NEWS is I've attached a blank cancellation form for you YAY!

Just remember to bug the hell out of them after you submit this to be sure they actually process it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
The following 7 users liked this post by Soaps:
1JDM911 (04-08-2024), Bonesxxx (06-30-2020), doncmleon (06-30-2020), Nana63 (11-07-2022), Shashankssj (04-07-2024), thesaintusa (06-06-2023), wildta (04-07-2024) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-06-2023, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G550
Originally Posted by Soaps
THIS WILL HELP

Same thing happened to me. In order to cancel, they say you simply need to submit a CPO Warranty Cancellation form. Except getting that form is anything but simple!

I started with one simple text to the guy at the dealership who sold me the car asking for the cancellation form. We went back and forth between me, him, and his manager. They then sent me incorrect forms, when I said these were the wrong forms, they then sent me some other forms pertaining to my sale that I already had. They also included the finance guy who did my paperwork on the email, as well as the finance manager. Why would you need 4 people attached to an email about a simple cancellation form?? Well, that's because warranties are pure profit for them and they will do anything they can to hold on to it.

This is their way of acting "confused and being unsure of what forms you need." Don't let them play you, call them out on it! This is from the finance manager, they'll likely try to say something like this to you:

"As for the CPO warranty, there is no cancellation form. If you decide to cancel your warranty, we can tell you exactly a refund amount which is calculated from Mercedes BENZ website. Once the warranty is cancelled we issue the cancellation certificate showing the dollar amount that is due to the customer. If your loan is still outstanding, the refund will go to your lender and will be deducted from the amount you owe."

​​​​​​"
As for the CPO Warranty, what you stated is incorrect and is also an unfair business practice withholding financial transparency of a sale. According to the warranty contract section 11.1:
"You may cancel the Agreement at any time by submitting to the Selling Dealer or any Authorized Dealer proof of ownership for the Vehicle and a completed written Cancellation Form, which is available from the Selling Dealer or any Authorized Dealer."
Clearly, the CPO Warranty does have a cancellation form, you're giving me the runaround for what should have been one simple email with both forms attached and there are now four people attached to this. What's your reason for this? I'd appreciate it if you send the form over so we can all move forward with our day. "

He was adamant that he had no access to the form, but if i ever decided to cancel the warranty he would call MB USA immediately and have them email to form to him. I immediately responded:

​​​​​​"This runaround situation has caused me to lose trust not only in the warranty, but your specific dealership's handling of service. Because of this, I'd like to move forward and cancel the CPO Warranty. My Sale Contract, which is my proof of car ownership and proof of Agreement price, is attached. This is well within the specified time period to receive a full refund.
CANCELLATION 11.2:
" If this Agreement is cancelled prior to the date coverage begins, or within the first sixty (60) days after coverage begins, and no claims have been filed, the entire Agreement price will be refunded by the Selling Dealer."
Please go ahead and call MB USA and request the cancellation form to be emailed to you."

Less than 20 seconds after this, a Cancellation form fully filled out with my info was in my inbox. This was a crappy situation to deal with and took about 2 hours and about a dozen emails and texts. I don't want anyone else to go through this headache, so GOOD NEWS is I've attached a blank cancellation form for you YAY!

Just remember to bug the hell out of them after you submit this to be sure they actually process it.
This has been my experience as well. First, I contacted the MB phone number on the contract that I never used (I sold the vehicle within a few months of purchase so I never used any part of the extended warranty). MB told me I had to get the refund from the dealer. I contacted the dealer and they submitted the form (allegedly) for me after getting the mileage from me. They told me I could pick up the check within a couple of days. Six days later I go to pick it up and at first they acted like they had no idea what check I was referring to. Then they said it had to come from corporate. Then they told me they could not tell me any type of time frame from which to expect it. I asked if it's something that normally takes 2 weeks, 6 weeks, 60-90 days or what and they said "it varies." This is making me side eye them. Does the check come from corporate or from the local dealer from which the car and warranty was purchased?
Old 04-07-2024, 01:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC300
Originally Posted by Soaps
THIS WILL HELP

​​​​​​"

CANCELLATION 11.2:

You are a god among men. Thank you!! How long did it take for you to get the refund? Did you get it from Mercedes Benz or the dealership that sold it to you?