C63 AMG (W204)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blown car problems

Old 03-01-2019, 07:06 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Coupe P31 Magnuson Super Charged
Blown car problems

My water pump pulley just spun off again, blown car. Anyone have this problem? Pinning it i guessisafix?
Old 03-01-2019, 05:18 PM

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
2012 C63 with P30, LSD, and EES Supercharger, 1959 Plymouth with Viper V10 and Tremec 6sp
I would replace the pump and the pulley. I have a blower and never had a water pump problem or a pulley problem.
Old 03-02-2019, 01:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C63 AMG Coupe P31 Magnuson Super Charged
Originally Posted by Big Jimbo View Post
I would replace the pump and the pulley. I have a blower and never had a water pump problem or a pulley problem.
Already done.

Just workd its way off some how maybe press fit badfrom factory. Giving me the ****s how many belts this magnuson throws slips break im ****ing pissed. Going to have totake some sort of action for the to give me abloody working kit.

I just heated pulley and pressed back on with loctite compound for shafts seems fine but too scared to punch it with any gas. Why are all my pulleys slipping or belt slippage so much or jumping? New tensioner new pulleys. Might try alloy set maybe but god bless my car so i can flog it more without being scared. Maybe over running alt pulley too?

Anyway they are going to have to pay to fix whatever isgoing on. I shouldhave done install.

Any opinions welcome though.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
C63 AMG
I went through a few of Weistecs original single bearing pulleys and a tensioner. Replaced them with double bearing pulleys and been good for a while now. Check alignment, Idlers can go on backwards if not paying attention or double checking work.
Old 04-20-2019, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
C63 AMG
Have you "blown guys" seen this?

Last edited by bhamg; 04-20-2019 at 01:37 PM. Reason: added links