C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

Headlights pointed to the ground

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 01:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 C63 AMG
Headlights pointed to the ground

I just noticed my headlights were pointed to the ground and upon start up the auto leveling isn't operating correctly for both headlights.

The good thing is that both headlights are pointed equally to the ground, and they do auto level slightly but not the full range. My friend pulled up in a c63 last night and that is when I noticed his headlights have the full up and down motion whereas mine moves about 20% and points down to the ground.

Anyone come across this situation yet? Any thoughts?
Old 03-04-2019, 02:02 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Same with me.. Following to know if there is any fix for this
Old 03-07-2019, 03:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG, Camaro SS, E55 AMG, IROC-Z
I have the same issue with my headlights. Seems my projector housing is loose. Seeing if anyone knows a fix to this?
Old 03-07-2019, 04:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 C63 AMG
I brought my car to the shop and they found out that one of the rod and mounting bracket were bent/jammed. Not sure how that happened but the shop was able to unbend the metal rod and straighten out the bracket that were all connected to the leveling sensors. luckily the shop also does metal fabrication so they had the tools to do the job correctly.

They had to do some minor manual tweaking to the leveling but now it works normally again. Headlights move up and down in full motion when starting car. Cut off is good. I think my drivers headlights is a hair too high, so i'll adjust it manually this weekend.