C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015

C63 W204 Hands free comfort lock working intermittently

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 11:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 W204 C63 PPP
Question C63 W204 Hands free comfort lock working intermittently

My w204's comfort access system has embarrassed me more than enough.

I get out of the car and press on the embossed sensor on the handle to lock it, and it does not respond. I then try again, and then again while moving my pocket (with key) close to the door. It doesn't respond and eventually I take out the key and lock it with the key fob button. All this time one or two people are watching, probably thinking dude doesn't know how to use the car (which is possibly true, hence why Im here)

And then when i get home the above just works effortlessly. I had this issue with my previous car, a BMW, and they replaced the remote battery, and started working fine.

Could this issue be caused by the same reason? Low battery level in the key fob? Or am I doing something wrong...

Also, am I able to set it to lock or unlock automatically when key comes into range, or goes out of range respectively, or do I have to go w205 for that lmao?
Old 03-19-2019, 10:54 AM

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
n/a
Sounds like the key fob battery, do you have any spares to try?

Are you storing your key in the house far away from the vehicle or in the supplied tin? sometimes the key likes to speak to the car and prematurely wears the battery down.

I had a similar issue, but it was resolved by disassembling the door handle and unplugging the harness and then back in again.

I've never used perimeter lock/unlock so I can't answer that one