Sponsored by:

Best tablet to go with

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 12:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 C63 AMG
Best tablet to go with

Hi guys, I've been looking at the tablet screen to replace the flip out one in my PFL.

Seems there are many different versions but I can't tell which are the good ones. Hoping for one that has reliable and quick GPS. Watched a video on Facebook and the guys GPS updated very slowly.
Old 06-15-2019, 08:59 AM

Received 107 Likes on 60 Posts
2016 GTs, 2014 C63 AMG and 2014 C350 Sport (wife's car, she thinks it's an AMG - shhhhhh)

This. You can also use Waze and know where the cops are. Most GPS for the onboard NAV blow anyway.
Old 06-17-2019, 01:36 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
09 C63 AMG
Funny you bring it up.... I'm about 2/3 of the way through finishing the design and engineering of putting an iPad mini in my dash. I looked at a lot of different tablets, and to fit into the opening, and clear the door, only a Galaxy Tab A (only WiFi, so that's out) and the iPad Mini fit the requirements. I ended up replacing my original iPad mini for the newest ones. I can share some more pictures when I get back from my road trip. Due to time restraints, for the road trip I'm just doing a solid mount, but I have the designs and CnC paths for the moving assembly already planned.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:34 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
I use one of these from eBay with my 8 inch tablet through bluetooth on my W211. My brother bought one from Amazon and it has a much stronger magnet. If you have a facelift model W204, they do sell replacement Android 9 inch screens that replace your face plate etc. With an Android tablet, you'll have use of whatever map software you prefer...I use TomTom and Google Maps. I utilize Waze for alerts in the background. Also, you can turn on Google Assistant and launch things like your music player, or the "Navigate to nearest Starbucks", etc.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com