Sponsored by:

Leaking sunroof drain advice!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2019 | 01:13 AM

2008 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Estate
Leaking sunroof drain advice!

Hi guys

I have an '08 C63 AMG wagon (W204) and the left rear footwell started getting saturated in the last 2 weeks with the rain, whether I drove it or not. I managed to lift the carpet and dry it all - but there was about 20mm of water under there! I found a cracked and eroded floor grommet so I changed both in that footwell, the issue persisted.

I put some weed trimmer cord down the front drains from the sunroof end and they didn't feel blocked. If they were blocked it'd flood the front footwells anyway, right? Pouring water down the front drains the water dissipates and some water comes out behind the front wheel, seems good.

Tried the rear from the boot but it only goes about 200mm up and gets stuck. I poured water down the rear drain and it did come out the end where it goes behind the bumper but I also spotted it getting wet on the roof liner as I'd pulled the door seal off. It then started to drip from the divider hook hole next to the jesus handle, removed that divider hook hole plastic mold and yep it's wet. I think this is where it must be leaking in the perfect spot to drip directly on the carpet in the footwell below without getting seats or anything else wet! That's why I thought it was leaking from below.

So, how the heck is it leaking there AND draining where it should out the rear? Could the hose have partially come off the nipple - if that's how the drain works? Has anyone struck this? Or able to send me the workshop manual pages so I can see how it all works?

Any help much appreciated. I need the car back on the road and don't want to spend thousands or more taking it to a shop!

Thanks all

😊
Old 04-24-2022 | 11:00 PM

C63 AMG & GL500
Did you get this sorted? Having the same issue on an ‘08’ C63 AMG sedan… any tips would be helpful… thanks
Old 04-25-2022 | 01:49 PM

AMG C63
That wagon ****s so hard it needed extra room for all the **** that the babies need.
Old 04-25-2022 | 08:09 PM

2014 C63
Is this a pano roof?