Sponsored by:

V7 tune and straight pipes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 04:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 C63 AMG
V7 tune and straight pipes

Hi, have fitted recently the V7 tune and straight piped my w204. I have noticed a more prominent fuel smell from the exhaust when idling. Has anyone else noticed this?
Old 08-18-2019, 07:09 AM

Received 99 Likes on 46 Posts
C63
If you have no cats, all you’ll be breathing in is pure fumes. A little unburnt fuel will make it into the exhaust from time to time but it shouldn’t smell like a car from 1989 on leaded gas. I have 200 cell cats in my headers mated to stock cat-back and sometimes at stop lights it’s quite obvious she’s breathing a little more than the environment might like.

Are you running that silly “pops and bangs” tune?
Old 08-18-2019, 07:19 AM

W204 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Cozy
If you have no cats, all you’ll be breathing in is pure fumes. A little unburnt fuel will make it into the exhaust from time to time but it shouldn’t smell like a car from 1989 on leaded gas. I have 200 cell cats in my headers mated to stock cat-back and sometimes at stop lights it’s quite obvious she’s breathing a little more than the environment might like.

Are you running that silly “pops and bangs” tune?
No mate, no pops n bangs. Not a fan. Thank you as I was curious.
Old 08-18-2019, 07:27 AM

C63
Originally Posted by rdixon
No mate, no pops n bangs. Not a fan. Thank you as I was curious.
I would surmise that it’s only due to you being catless in that case. If it concerns you at all, as in it is always there, it would indicate an over fuelling issue if coming from the exhaust. If it’s coming from anywhere else you should check for a leak. I’d doubt that it is much to do with the V7 though as it’s pretty much a generic tune. You could always fit in cats to tone it down at some point. Like I say mine does smell from time to time but it’s mostly pretty clean and passes our UK “smog” test.
The following users liked this post:
rdixon (08-18-2019)
Old 08-19-2019, 01:27 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2013 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Cozy
I would surmise that it’s only due to you being catless in that case. If it concerns you at all, as in it is always there, it would indicate an over fuelling issue if coming from the exhaust. If it’s coming from anywhere else you should check for a leak. I’d doubt that it is much to do with the V7 though as it’s pretty much a generic tune. You could always fit in cats to tone it down at some point. Like I say mine does smell from time to time but it’s mostly pretty clean and passes our UK “smog” test.
How is your sound level with catted headers, I`m thinking of adding primary cats to my headers because its a bit too loud now even with the rest of the exhaust being stock.
Thanks!
Old 08-19-2019, 04:40 AM

W204 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Amstaffman
How is your sound level with catted headers, I`m thinking of adding primary cats to my headers because its a bit too loud now even with the rest of the exhaust being stock.
Thanks!
Tend to agree and may do the same.
Old 08-19-2019, 09:37 AM

C63
Originally Posted by Amstaffman
Thanks!
It's still brutal to be honest on cold start and full throttle but, during normal driving it's barely louder than stock and it doesn't drone. I like it but then again I have cool neighbours, and if I see the police I try to keep it as quiet as possible. I have heard a C63 straight piped and I would say more or less it's probably 20-25% quieter. It still has some rasp but it isn't as bad and it still sounds like an AMG, just a very angry one.
The following users liked this post:
Amstaffman (08-20-2019)