Cleaning C63 Throttle Bodies

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2019, 08:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG, Camaro SS, E55 AMG, IROC-Z
Cleaning C63 Throttle Bodies

Hello all,

After searching for this subject and coming up empty handed, I figured I’d ask to see if anyone had any experience cleaning their W204 C63 throttle bodies. My 2012 C63 coupe has been idling a bit rough the last couple of weeks, so I decided to order some aFe pro dry filters to replace the K&Ns that I bought the car with. FYI - the aFes fit super snug with no play, and have to actually be pushed slightly to fit, unlike the K&Ns which seem to be a smidge smaller than the airbox, possibly causing a slight vacuum leak.

After getting the airboxes out per usual filter replacement/routine check, I need some guidance on how to remove the plastic coupler/hose leading out the airbox into the throttle bodies themselves. Any help is appreciated.
Old 08-24-2019, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 395 Likes on 267 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
You won’t get a vacuum leak from a air filter... you can take the filter right out infact...
The throttle bodies are inside the intake manifold you will have to take it entirely apart. The piping leading to it from the filters is held in by two press clips one on each side of the hard plastic “Y” pipe
Old 08-24-2019, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
The throttle bodies are inside the manifold. You need to take it out and apart to get to them.

Old 08-24-2019, 08:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 AMG, Camaro SS, E55 AMG, IROC-Z
Originally Posted by deadlyvt
You won’t get a vacuum leak from a air filter... you can take the filter right out infact...
The throttle bodies are inside the intake manifold you will have to take it entirely apart. The piping leading to it from the filters is held in by two press clips one on each side of the hard plastic “Y” pipe
Originally Posted by skratch77
The throttle bodies are inside the manifold. You need to take it out and apart to get to them.

Thanks a lot fellas.

I should add, whoever owned my car prior seems to have stripped the torx screws that hold the airbox lid in place, which is where I believe my slight vacuum leak is coming from.

Do you know what size thread starter I would need to rethread? Thanks again.