Aftermarket Warranty Options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Aftermarket Warranty Options

Hi all,

Was wondering what you folks are using for aftermarket warranty coverage. I realize our cars are old now but I've managed to get fairly comprehensive coverage with Infinite Auto Protection ...only concerned that they are relatively unknown and I'm afraid when something truly pricey comes up they will try to weasel out of covering it (I have 70K miles on my 2009 now). I know carchex doesn't cover the C63 and car shield won't cover the power train, anyone have luck with other companies? I unfortunately don't have USAA either.

Thanks!
Old 01-29-2020, 01:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 546 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
LOL. Those of us that have a brain and decide to keep our 10-year-old high-repair-cost cars generally use our piggy banks. A warranty that you have to pay for is by very definition a money-losing proposition - and you're looking for one for a 10-year-old C63 to boot? Buying lottery tickets is probably your best option in terms of potential ROI.
The following users liked this post:
Silversun262 (01-30-2020)
Old 01-29-2020, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
I'm fully aware of the piggy bank approach ...no need for derision my friend. I have owned plenty of older german cars before, and I have been able to get effective worthwhile warranty coverage for some of them even when the car is about a decade old. Good warranty plans are out there for the e92 M3, I was just inquiring if this was a possibility for the AMGs. I suppose I'll stick with my current warranty for a few months and see if they're legit, worst case I will be refunded 95% of the what I paid.
Old 01-29-2020, 04:43 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
You can get a Rt 66 Easy Street or Main Street plan by becoming a member of Penfed. See https://www.penfed.org/auto/extended-warranty

They classify the C63 as "premium" so you are looking at it costing a cool $3K to get 3/36 coverage.

Old 01-29-2020, 06:19 PM

Received 107 Likes on 60 Posts
2016 GTs, 2014 C63 AMG and 2014 C350 Sport (wife's car, she thinks it's an AMG - shhhhhh)
Originally Posted by Kalinin
Hi all,

Was wondering what you folks are using for aftermarket warranty coverage. I realize our cars are old now but I've managed to get fairly comprehensive coverage with Infinite Auto Protection ...only concerned that they are relatively unknown and I'm afraid when something truly pricey comes up they will try to weasel out of covering it (I have 70K miles on my 2009 now). I know carchex doesn't cover the C63 and car shield won't cover the power train, anyone have luck with other companies? I unfortunately don't have USAA either.

Thanks!
Don't fret about the warranty naysayers... They DO like to share their opinions on here. I also have one through Infinite and, from the research I've done, they are about the best you'll find for an AMG. Many won't even write a service contract (which is what it is. It is not a warranty). Their reviews are all pretty decent and what tells me the most is that they reply to complaints on BBB. People complain that they didn't honor a warranty and IAP almost always responds with the facts (i.e. Dear customer, you attempted to purchase a warranty and apply it to a breakdown that your car was already in the shop for... we might be generous but we aren't stupid).

In any event, I sleep better having one and that's worth the $3K I paid. Another forum member posted recently that their center dash speaker blew and Infinite covered it easy peazy quick and easy.
Old 03-03-2020, 12:22 PM

Received 154 Likes on 111 Posts
CLS 63 and M4
Originally Posted by z0lt3c
You can get a Rt 66 Easy Street or Main Street plan by becoming a member of Penfed. See https://www.penfed.org/auto/extended-warranty

They classify the C63 as "premium" so you are looking at it costing a cool $3K to get 3/36 coverage.
pretty sure that Route 66 doesnt cover AMGs or M cars. i had them on my 550i (thankfully!!!) and tried to get it for my W218 and they told me 'nah'...
Old 03-05-2020, 11:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts
'04 E55 (Gone but not forgotten), '13 C63 P31 (RIP), another '13 C63 PP
I saw your thread on starting your mod journey. You might want to look at the various companies and see if they even cover mods. I was under the impression that they generally won't especially if you have anything beyond a tune only.