Sponsored by:

Facelift C63 P31 Build Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 10:27 PM

Received 147 Likes on 93 Posts
2012 P31 C63
Originally Posted by SikC63
So I wasn’t going to post this but I feel like everybody in the community should be wary of the fact that I had issues with the injectors from fuel injector clinic, or FIC. The injectors had less than 3,000 miles on them before I started experiencing issues. This is not the only time that I’ve experienced this issue. The first instance I had issues with my car and my car would misfire randomly. I took the car to Benztec and they told me that they found that two of my injectors were leaking. So I thought. Okay... no problem. I’ll just send all my injectors in for a warranty exchange. Unfortunately I got the bait and switch from this company.

Basically the injectors got stuck open and would mess with my fuel trims. I experienced sputtering, misfires, and rich running engine. Cheers to @hachiroku for pointing out the issue before the engine hydrolocked, not once, but twice!

So the first time I sent my injectors in for a warranty repair. FIC said it will be covered under warranty. They then called me after receiving the injectors and said that my injectors had no issues (when I know this wasn’t the case). They said that they performed a flow test and cleaning. I said, cool when can I get the injectors back? They didn’t say they would charge me for this, which I wouldn’t mind but the fact is these injectors had less than 3,000 miles on them. They shouldn’t be leaking. So they denied to cover them under their warranty and held my injectors hostage until I forked over the cleaning and flow test fee. I thought.. whatever I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe somehow they did get dirty. So I paid the invoice and got my injectors back.

5,000 miles later... Fast forward to the present my car starts experiencing stuck throttle bodys, sputtering, and misfires under load. I sent Barry my Hp tuning logs. He calls me up and tells me not to drive the car anymore and replace the injectors with the stock injectors until he can send me 630cc injectors and a harness to go with them.

Barry found that my car was throwing extra fuel when the accelerator was not active. He also saw that the throttle was sticking. This was causing my fuel trims to go out of wack. He told me that he suspects it’s the injectors again. So I replaced my injectors with the stock injectors for the time being. Barry sends me an updated tune, which detuned my car and accounted for the stock injectors.

Once replacing the FIC injectors with the stock injectors and all of my issues completely went away. The car drove much nicer than it did before, no more sputtering.

Today, I received the 630cc injectors and the custom harness made by Eightysixtuned. I can’t wait to slap these on and get back to being fast again.

I have dealt with FIC before and haven’t had issues but this is unfortunate. I think what we really need to do is how Barry handled this. I’m not trying to kiss *** here but seriously Most tuners would just give you the run around ( I experienced it ). This really goes to show something real special eightsixtytuned is doing. Big props to you Barry.
The following users liked this post:
hachiroku (01-19-2021)