C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling car, after 10 years, need suggestions on what next?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 300 Likes on 193 Posts
10 C six trizzle
Originally Posted by Adi-Benz
everyone talking about handling

No one mentions the lotus evora
I approve this message. BOE has come out with a larger supercharger to retrofit the n/a cars or upgrade the supercharged ones. Im sure 450whp in a evora is amazing. Considering how slow my n/a evora is and how much fun it is to drive. Everyone always talks about how fun a miata is to drive. I've driven track setup ones. Horribly boring. Evora is at least quick enough to not be flooring it the entire time. Untouchable on handling. Super under-rated. Yea some silly british build quality stuff to be expected with a cheaper exotic low production car but it's worth it. Adds character.

but it's not a 4dr and the back seat would struggle to fit more than a fetus or 5lb dog. lol

Last edited by roadtalontsi; 07-13-2020 at 01:42 AM. Reason: additional comments
Old 07-13-2020, 09:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
You're making a mistake. Keep your C63. It’s one of the greatest all around...you’ll regret it.

Last edited by ZephyrAMG; 07-13-2020 at 11:13 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by ZephyrAMG:
BLKROKT (07-13-2020), DP8 (07-13-2020), Ludedude (07-15-2020), manuelsm (07-13-2020), Sick AF (07-13-2020)
Old 07-13-2020, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Let me put it to you this way, have a 2010 C63. It isn't even a facelift. But this car is built and manufactured SOOOOO much better that so many cars I have (wont mention any names because they cost $220K and they might get offended). The car is a savage. It is built so robust and it is CONSTANTLY responsive and NEVER a let down. The thing is, I know the car has so much potential and I only tapped into 2% of it like with the headbolt change I did, the SLS parts I had placed, air filters, air boxes, CF parts that made the car look more complete and factory sharp, wavetrack LSD, Strut Bar, Wheels, H&R springs, etc, etc and just from these simple, no big deal mods the car feels, drives, and looks amazing compared to what is out there (and believe me, I look and look and look and drive and drive). I only wish I had the time, knowledge, and ability to do what some members have done like BLKRKT, roadtalonsti, mr747, maximus, Kriston, Mort, Jasonoff, and Dads (back in the day when he was on here in 2010), just to nae a few because we have seen what this car is capable of becoming and how great it still looks next to other crap on the road. The car performance-wise was almost everything you could want in a car and it STILL turns heads. Not to mention the electronics and the parts are well made and rarely dud out.

If you can keep it (I would rather have the car than the $20K I can get for it), and get something else, that would be ideal. If you are bored with it, just dont drive it for a week and you'll realize what you have in the C63 AMG. I am just starting to have more fun with it by now diving into what CF front lip I want to have installed on it. It's always been a exciting car and its presence is perfect for spirited driving, a competitive track run, as well as pulling up to a nice restaurant for dinner with your girl. The car has MAD respect everywhere it goes, the looks and the numbers it puts down prove it.

Last edited by ZephyrAMG; 07-13-2020 at 11:36 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by ZephyrAMG:
BLKROKT (07-13-2020), C63AMGeez (07-14-2020), Kriston (07-16-2020), manuelsm (07-13-2020), Sick AF (07-13-2020)
Old 07-15-2020, 06:43 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
2011 C63 P31 2015 BMW X5M Schwarz Einhorn w/Bootmod3
Originally Posted by CarHopper
^And to add onto that I think the biggest reason behind the lemon/branded titles was more because it took MB some time to solve the issue rather than the significance or amount of damage that would be done because of it. As far as I know it was just the cars misfiring in cyl 1&6 but just misfires. Just took some time to iron out the wrinkles and the lemon laws here have something to do with amount of time a car spends at a dealer to get fixed.

In other words, I would just make sure the cars software is up to date, doesn't have a bad title, and then yeah it should be worry free at that point. But like whoover I'm not sure what MB Canada did (though I assume they would've done the same as MBUSA but definitely double tap that) or how Canadian vehicle laws work but it's not like the cars were coming with engines that were going randomly detonate on you.

As far as other cars... Right now, I wouldn't own anything Audi/BMW out of warranty that has a v8tt. I know I come off as a MB fanboy saying that, but I have an X5 and love my BMW. I just wouldn't touch anything with the s63tu from BMW because they do blow up and then on the Audi end I was just reading how all their 4.0tt motors (s6/s7/s8/rs6/rs7) are susceptible to an out of nowhere turbo failure because of the turbo filter which starves the turbo of oil and you end up with a 5 figure repair bill. Audi USA is also notorious for not helping customers out who have a car they detect was modified at one point so if you buy used, even if it's back to stock, you really are rolling the dice big time there. But these are just my preferences.

Long story short, and emphasis on it is just my opinion, that right now the w213 is the best v8tt super sedan you can buy on the market today.
Hmm... I do own a X5 with the S63tu, I'm curious about this 'blow up' issue you speak of. Are you by chance on the F10 or F85 forums on Bimmerpost?

Last edited by deeoh; 07-15-2020 at 07:12 PM.
Old 07-15-2020, 06:48 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
the newish E63S is very very fast and handles very well. don't count it out.

being as you're most likely paid off on the C63 I'd say keep it then add something that is an SUV that has over 600hp. Jeep Trackhawk, Porsche Cayenne Turbo S, Audi QRS8, etc.

also, we have the AMG GT63S 4 door. if you've got the money...the new AMG GT Black Series...would be Mercedes and AMG's first flat plane crank production V8.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com

Last edited by hachiroku; 07-15-2020 at 06:51 PM.
Old 07-15-2020, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by hachiroku
the newish E63S is very very fast and handles very well. don't count it out.

being as you're most likely paid off on the C63 I'd say keep it then add something that is an SUV that has over 600hp. Jeep Trackhawk, Porsche Cayenne Turbo S, Audi QRS8, etc.

also, we have the AMG GT63S 4 door. if you've got the money...the new AMG GT Black Series...would be Mercedes and AMG's first flat plane crank production V8.
Wow, an AMG GT Black series with a flat plane crank?!? Holy s**t, that thing's gonna scream, especially with AMG's signature exhaust sound added on
Old 07-15-2020, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 394 Likes on 266 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
Yes and they are going to be so easy to get too! Just walk into any Mercedes and order one up! (Being highly sarcastic)
The following users liked this post:
BLKROKT (07-15-2020)
Old 07-15-2020, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by deadlyvt
Yes and they are going to be so easy to get too! Just walk into any Mercedes and order one up! (Being highly sarcastic)
lol. A Tesla Raven may or may not beat it, but just the sound alone would be worth the price of admission

Last edited by deeoh; 07-15-2020 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-16-2020, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 372 Likes on 186 Posts
C63 AMG
Still no reason for me to sell my C63. Have a BMW X1 for a daily now and my wife drives a Cayenne. Had the itch to jump ship a while back, but the C63 spoiled me, tough to compare a car like the C63 to most vehicles in or above its range (In its range very few offer what it has and you really cant compare it to a higher end performance sedan / coupe. New they were selling for mid 60's here in Canada + whatever packages you add. I look at the lineup now and a damn CLA45 is around 70K!

The OG members on here kinda caught on early about the W204, those of us who are left, knew it was a special car from the jump.

I know of members who kept the cars in the family and passed them down to siblings because it was just that good of a vehicle. How many people have we seen on the forums come back after selling theirs, its not a rarity.

Alot of second / third hand owners (younger) own them now, like how it is with every other performance vehicle. However i have yet to see any of them dive as deep into really dialing in these cars aside from a few of us on here. A properly setup C63 with quality aftermarket parts is a weapon, even 10+ years after they were released. If you push it to a Super Charger, really there's not much on the road that will hang with you and handling is on par with any performance sedan / coupe in its category with a quality suspension setup.
BLKROKT (07-16-2020)
Old 07-16-2020, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Kriston
Still no reason for me to sell my C63. Have a BMW X1 for a daily now and my wife drives a Cayenne. Had the itch to jump ship a while back, but the C63 spoiled me, tough to compare a car like the C63 to most vehicles in or above its range (In its range very few offer what it has and you really cant compare it to a higher end performance sedan / coupe. New they were selling for mid 60's here in Canada + whatever packages you add. I look at the lineup now and a damn CLA45 is around 70K!

The OG members on here kinda caught on early about the W204, those of us who are left, knew it was a special car from the jump.

I know of members who kept the cars in the family and passed them down to siblings because it was just that good of a vehicle. How many people have we seen on the forums come back after selling theirs, its not a rarity.

Alot of second / third hand owners (younger) own them now, like how it is with every other performance vehicle. However i have yet to see any of them dive as deep into really dialing in these cars aside from a few of us on here. A properly setup C63 with quality aftermarket parts is a weapon, even 10+ years after they were released. If you push it to a Super Charger, really there's not much on the road that will hang with you and handling is on par with any performance sedan / coupe in its category with a quality suspension setup.
Agreed 100%. OG member here still holding on and just like you, I've tempted many times, but it's still a blast to drive. To each their own. GL to the OP on your search!
Old 07-16-2020, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,587 Likes on 935 Posts
2010 C63 AMG
I was going to sell and use a completely different platform as a track only toy but there's just no value in it. Made sense to keep and convert it to track only. Not sure if that was a good decision yet.
Kriston (07-16-2020)
Old 07-16-2020, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 372 Likes on 186 Posts
C63 AMG
Your right bud, not worth it. Plus i enjoy upsetting super car owners every now and than.

Originally Posted by Jasonoff
I was going to sell and use a completely different platform as a track only toy but there's just no value in it. Made sense to keep and convert it to track only. Not sure if that was a good decision yet.
Old 07-16-2020, 11:58 AM
DP8

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
E90 M3, '13 C63 Sedan
I've had my C63 for 5 years now and my E90 M3 for 12 years and no plans to sell either of them! The M3 scratches the manual itch and the C63 is just a freaking beast. Nothing like the C63 just cruising around anywhere since it has so much low end torque. Plus the engine note of a NA V8 just cannot be beat. The newer versions of the C63/M3 just don't do it for me even if the performance is technically higher. Too many gadgets and even something as simple as the gauge cluster. I like having actual physical gauges and not flat digital screen. I am staring at a computer screen most of the day so to have something analog is super refreshing. I mostly take my M3 to HPDEs and over time plan to replace stock components with better aftermarket items as they wear out.

ZephyrAMG - I read through some of your posts in the AMG GT forum but would love any insights on what cars you looked at before the AMG GTR and why you ended up with the GTR? Those AMG GTs look amazing and you are right they are probably going to be one of the last V8 AMG cars. I've always told myself that car #3 would have to be a 911 GT3 or Cayman GT4 but the AMG GT is making me re-think that for sure! Seems like prices on lightly used AMG GTs are pretty decent and the car is flat out beautiful and has the performance. The color is flashy but the Green Hell Magno is amazing too. One of my all time favorite cars is the 997.1 GT3RS in viper green.