Sponsored by:

What should I do next??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2020, 01:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
What should I do next??

Hi, looking for ideas. I have an 09 W204 C63 (had for a few years and recently started modding it over the last year) and I’ve done the following to it:

Race IQ tune
New Suspension
Cat and resonator delete(s)
All of the service items for a high mileage car (fuel injectors, timing belt (correction doesn’t have a belt has a chain) spark plugs etc etc)

My AMG mechanic is recommending the next performance items to be LS Diff and Long Tube Headers.
I’m also wondering about a performance exhaust and or performance/cold air intake.

any suggestions!!!!??

I know it’s an old car now but I enjoy it and want to make it a little faster etc. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited by C63brandon; 12-12-2020 at 11:10 AM.
Old 12-12-2020, 02:37 AM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
timing belt...?

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
The following users liked this post:
C63AMGeez (12-12-2020)
Old 12-12-2020, 08:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 689 Likes on 469 Posts
12 C63BS Magno Alanite Grey, 22 X3M Brooklyn Grey, 08 BMW E93, 22 Ducati Desert Sled, John Deere 3R
Ya no timing belt in these, did you really do a resonator delete or a secondary cat delete as the secondary cat delete gives a bit more volume and keeps the good sound, the resonator delete changes the sound.

LSD is a great addition and should have been on all cars from the factory in my book. If you want more power long tubes will free up some pony's but are load as F. If you want more noise but not as much as long tubes, just get some cat delete pipes from VRP or Armytrix. Other maintenance to do would be the PCV if you have not and intake manifold gaskets which tend to leak and when it is off you can verify the state of your throttle plate which tends to corrode and get holes in it. Not a lot of good options for intakes, most don't do much and cost a fortune, ROW airboxes are what most people do. Or just save up your money for cam adjusters, lifters and cams which will wear out eventually.
The following users liked this post:
C63brandon (12-12-2020)
Old 12-12-2020, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
Originally Posted by roadkillrob
Ya no timing belt in these, did you really do a resonator delete or a secondary cat delete as the secondary cat delete gives a bit more volume and keeps the good sound, the resonator delete changes the sound.

LSD is a great addition and should have been on all cars from the factory in my book. If you want more power long tubes will free up some pony's but are load as F. If you want more noise but not as much as long tubes, just get some cat delete pipes from VRP or Armytrix. Other maintenance to do would be the PCV if you have not and intake manifold gaskets which tend to leak and when it is off you can verify the state of your throttle plate which tends to corrode and get holes in it. Not a lot of good options for intakes, most don't do much and cost a fortune, ROW airboxes are what most people do. Or just save up your money for cam adjusters, lifters and cams which will wear out eventually.
Yes you guys are both right. 👌🏻 Yes a chain so we probably didn’t replace that 🤣 I guess I was using that as an example to say that whatever the car needed over its life we sort of caught up and did this past year. I’m going to pull the actual service records from my guy’s portal when I have time. Because for example I think we already did the cam adjusters and lifters. We did quite a bit over 4 or 5 healthy service visits that were all a few thousand dollars, $5,000 etc each. Yes the car is loud so I believe we did delete the resonator and the rear cats when he did the tune. With the long tubes, what about installing one of those switches that the Ferraris come with where you can open or close the exhaust to be louder or quieter. I wouldn’t mind it being a lot louder when I’m racing around the FWY etc but I may **** all of my neighbors off with the morning cold starts lol. 😂
Thank you for the great suggestions - I’ll look into the ROW air boxes and see if we ever did anything with the PCV valve.
Old 12-12-2020, 12:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 689 Likes on 469 Posts
12 C63BS Magno Alanite Grey, 22 X3M Brooklyn Grey, 08 BMW E93, 22 Ducati Desert Sled, John Deere 3R
Originally Posted by C63brandon
Yes you guys are both right. 👌🏻 Yes a chain so we probably didn’t replace that 🤣 I guess I was using that as an example to say that whatever the car needed over its life we sort of caught up and did this past year. I’m going to pull the actual service records from my guy’s portal when I have time. Because for example I think we already did the cam adjusters and lifters. We did quite a bit over 4 or 5 healthy service visits that were all a few thousand dollars, $5,000 etc each. Yes the car is loud so I believe we did delete the resonator and the rear cats when he did the tune. With the long tubes, what about installing one of those switches that the Ferraris come with where you can open or close the exhaust to be louder or quieter. I wouldn’t mind it being a lot louder when I’m racing around the FWY etc but I may **** all of my neighbors off with the morning cold starts lol. 😂
Thank you for the great suggestions - I’ll look into the ROW air boxes and see if we ever did anything with the PCV valve.
There are a few valved exhausts available for the car, but 3-5k so pricey! I know IPE, Armytrix and FI all have valved systems. Does the car have the updated headbolts, good to check on that also!
Old 12-12-2020, 12:56 PM

Received 107 Likes on 60 Posts
2001 E430, 2014 E 350, 2012 C63 PP30
Originally Posted by C63brandon
Hi, looking for ideas. I have an 09 W204 C63 (had for a few years and recently started modding it over the last year) and I’ve done the following to it:

Race IQ tune
New Suspension
Cat and resonator delete(s)
All of the service items for a high mileage car (fuel injectors, timing belt (correction doesn’t have a belt has a chain) spark plugs etc etc)

My AMG mechanic is recommending the next performance items to be LS Diff and Long Tube Headers.
I’m also wondering about a performance exhaust and or performance/cold air intake.

any suggestions!!!!??

I know it’s an old car now but I enjoy it and want to make it a little faster etc. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Preventative maintenance is key. Have you replaced the head bolts?
Old 12-12-2020, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2,827 Likes on 1,670 Posts
2012 P31 C63 Coupe Trackrat, 2019 GLE63S Coupe Beast
Do the idler pulleys
Old 12-12-2020, 07:58 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 392 Likes on 284 Posts
E55 C63
Factory Plastic pulleys do fail on most M156. You could go all billet https://www.vrpspeed.com/product/635pc/