Sponsored by:

Transmission Blown Up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2021, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 AMG
Transmission Blown Up

Alright boys I'm at a loss. So two weeks ago i was doing a sick nasty pull and a loud *** shuddering and kind of grinding noise happened from my car and i lost all power. The engine was still running but the wheels were not. I managed to coast it into a parking lot and while the car was rolling i heard a ratcheting plastic sound very rhythmic like. I get it back to my house and I lift the car up and i put it in gear and rev it and the wheels start turning. So i drop it and take it around the block and i give it a little bit of gas and it gets knocked out of gear and won't go move. When i'm in drive and give it gas i can see the dash telling me that i'm changing gears but the cars not moving. so I pull the transmission out and find some interesting stuff. There's some wear along the outer diameter of the torque converter which looks pretty sus. Also whenever i turn the tranny by hand it makes the same noise as when the car was rolling. Some background info, my car would shudder a little bit around the 2-4 shifts and around 20-40mph when just easing up to speed.
Here's a link to the sound it makes when rotated
Old 06-22-2021, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 300 Likes on 193 Posts
10 C six trizzle
So you diagnosed there's a problem with the transmission so are you asking us if it needs a transmission? sounds like it if you don't know how to rebuild it.
Old 06-23-2021, 01:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 C63 AMG
Well I'm just trying to see if anyone knows what it might be exactly lol. I understand the transmission is ****ed I'm wondering if it's obvious to anyone what part of it is ****ed.
Old 06-23-2021, 06:25 AM

Received 166 Likes on 84 Posts
C63 AMG
Id also be trying to figure out why it failed as well. Ive never heard of a stock transmission failing with regular use, with the occasional blat on public roads. If you're running a stage 3 blower set up then fine, but if you're still NA i can't imagine why it would fail. Without abuse anyway.
Old 06-24-2021, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 300 Likes on 193 Posts
10 C six trizzle
take it apart and find out. Probably some dead planetary gears, maybe a broken input shaft. The big power cars dont always break things as they just spin the tires. Wheel hop and good traction are the part killers.