C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'08 C63 VIN in Seats ?/Airbag computers ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2021, 04:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG (2008) and 190E EVOII
'08 C63 VIN in Seats ?/Airbag computers ?

Hey all,,
might sound a bit suspicious to ask something like this, however im starting to be a bit scared too now,
i own an 08 C63AMG (Pre facelift) which i bought not so long ago, the interior was Creme colour which i find pretty ugly and the front seats where wornout too,
then on a secondhand page there was a complete black interior set with doorboards, so i went to pick it up and build it into my car, sold the creme short after....

it gave me an SRS Error light in the dash, ive got this deleted with Xentry that i borrowed from a friend of mine, however i now later got to talk to someone who gave me a warning that was like make sure you change the VIN number in the Seats to your car, if you ever get into a police control and they will check everything on you and your car, and they find out the seats are from an stolen vehicle like in old VIN number in the seats that is reported stolen, then you get major trouble...
i bought these seats not thinking of that at all... now my question actually is, does these seats/doorboards even has this VIN memory and if so can i use xentry to program my own vin number in them ? (and goes the same for the headlights ?, my car is a repaired crashed car)

please delete the thread if its not legal to ask these kind of questions

Kind Regards
Wesley

Last edited by Cloudini5; 08-30-2021 at 04:22 PM.
Old 08-31-2021, 12:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,040 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
thats all HS go here form parts-----Mercedes-Benz Electronic Spare Parts Catalogue Online
Old 09-01-2021, 06:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C63 AMG (2008) and 190E EVOII
Originally Posted by Plutoe
thats all HS go here form parts-----Mercedes-Benz Electronic Spare Parts Catalogue Online
Sorry i dont think you got me, i dont need to order any parts,
i already bought a complete interior set in black leather colour to exhange my Creme Factory interior.

ive already build in the black interior and sold the creme one, however i want to know if i can and need to change a vin number of my car in the airbag system and also in the seats ?

i never one second thought about maybe buying a interior set of a stolen vehicle, the seller didnt look like a guy like that, he told me the car was crashed and he took out this to sell it. if i'd ever get into a police control and they just check the OBD and look for stolen vehicle parts or (NOT MATCHING) vin numbers, in our country they would go crazy on you,

if it is the case that there are VIN numbers in them, then id go to check someone who got Xentry, if not than i'd could save some money and stop worrying about it