Sponsored by:

Help tune and air filter/airbox

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2021, 02:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Mercedes C63
Help tune and air filter/airbox

I have a 2013 c63 with a dme stage 2 tune feels great had it on for 2 weeks with no issues. I recently got the carbon fiber airbox from jl motoring with the weistec drop in airfilters. I installed them on my car today and went on a test drive with them on and my car does not feel the same. The transmission feels sluggish so I removed the weistec drop in filter and kept the carbon fiber air box with the stock filters it felt better but not how it felt with the tune only. Could it be because i need a retune with the filters and the airbox on?
Old 09-08-2021, 09:45 AM

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts
2012 C63
You may need to disconnect your battery overnight and let the ECM "re-learn" the accessories you just installed.
Old 09-08-2021, 03:18 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
tunes are very specific to the parts installed. shelf tunes do very little to adjust for specific parts and for this type of support you'll need a custom tune. carbon fiber airboxes flow a great deal more than ROW boxes at least when comparing Renntech to ROW.

sluggishness with shifting or odd shifting is inherently an issue with shelf tunes. I've had my customers add parts on and with our custom tunes, very little tweaking needed to be done for those new parts. Renntech carbon boxes were big changes that costed us a small amount of power but were the biggest change in airflow and engine requirements second to headers.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com

Last edited by hachiroku; 09-08-2021 at 03:21 PM.
The following users liked this post:
doncmleon (09-08-2021)