Stretched Fenders - Rear Wheel Offset

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2021, 03:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
2015 C63 507 Coupe
Stretched Fenders - Rear Wheel Offset

Hi guys,

I was originally looking at the GBG kit for my 507 coupe but after customs/shipping/exchange it is nearly as expensive as having custom metal extensions fabbed. I'm going to try the inbetween route of stretching the existing fenders and if it doesn't get the look I really want then we will add metal extensions. Cozy's car is what my car wants to look like when it grows up but if I can get 80% of the look for 50% of the price I'll take it. Planning on using Black Series fender liners, can anyone with just a stretch comment on how well this will work? Probably won't use the full width of them and need to be trimmed?

I've looked at numerous threads and BLKROKT is the closest to what I'm going for but I know his wheel offsets were optimized for pre-widening so I'm trying to nail down exactly what will work with a fender stretch. Then pray to baby Jesus I like the look and don't end up throwing away custom rear wheels to buy a wider set if we go with full extensions.

I'm not looking for hella-flush right on the edge of the fender offsets, just a low risk position that still looks good. No auto-x or road race. Maybe some 1/4 mile occasionally but mostly street driving with no weight in the trunk and a couple kids in the back seats at times. Not lowered and not currently planning on it but it's always possible. Would very likely go with the Bilstein PSS10 coilovers or H&R springs if I were to do it and keep the drop mild.

With the HMS kit a 345 tire on a 19x12, et30 will fit at "hella-flush" fitment
With GBG it looks like a 325 tire on a 19x11.5 et25 will fit at "hella-flush" fitment

Those aren't necessarily 100% precise but either have been fitted or people with those kits have said they could go to those specs. With the stretch I obviously won't be able to get to these widths and offset has to change.

My plan is:
Front - 245/35R19 on 19x9 et35
Rear - 295/30R19 on 19x11 et45 to 48 - this is based on splitting the difference between BLKROKT's existing fitment (295 width on 19x10 et52) and what the math tells me from his pre vs post stretch specs. It appears flush with a little over 1"/27mm stretch and the 295's. At 275 width and no stretch it was also flush(ish). 20mm of added tire would be 10mm to inside and outside edges. 10mm to the outside while adding 27mm of stretch seems that there should be a bigger gap than it looks like there is in the images and should allow for an et37 offset. Hoping I'm just bad at math or the pictures I'm looking at aren't clear enough for me to know what the hell I'm talking about. I also considered Kriston's fitment with a 285 on a 19x8.5 et36. It seems he may have gottem a little more stretch than BLKROKT and possible thats because it's a sedan vs coupe but add 10mm of tire to get to 295 and the adjusted offset should be et41 so my et45-48 plan still seems within reason.

So with all that said, is my rear wheel/tire spec math correct for my stretch plan? Or should I be playing it safer and straight up copy-catting the et52 offset on BLKROKT's wheels?

Thanks for the help