C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vacuum line with valve(?) from intake missing after PCV job!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2021 | 06:46 AM

W204 C63
Vacuum line with valve(?) from intake missing after PCV job!?

So I've been fighting a bit with this car for the last couple months. Started with bad PCV sound, then drivers side valve cover started leaking and a spark plug gasket broke so I ordered new gaskets and PCV and got to work. Valve cover was a pain as it's SO VERY tight to reach anything on this little C class with it's big engine but I managed to get it off and on again and the intake manifold was easy enough to remove and re install but this is where I realized when I was done with everything that I must have either blanked in my memory so I don't remember removing it or that there wasn't one before but just below where the PCV sits at the top, there is this vacuum hose or something that then goes above the PCV and plugs in to the vacuum line going around the manifold.. I realized this when I thought I was done with everything but the Vacuum line that goes around manifold from front to back was sitting there connected to nothing so I saw pictures online and realized that I was missing some sort of valve that connects from that line and goes into the engine just below the PCV.

I can't see how I could've lost that part and I don't remember removing it before so basically, can I order that valve and rubber hose as a separate part from Mercedes(I've looked through diagrams but can't seem to find it), and could it be that I was running this car without it ever being connected?

Edit: So when I'm looking at the diagram its weird because it tells me that the vacuum line that goes around the intake is connected to a valve and looking at the picture I guess it looks like a valve but then I see it being directly pressed into the smaller circle connection on other pictures, but in the diagram it says that its connected to some sensors of sort.

Last edited by Trester; 11-13-2021 at 06:57 AM.