Sponsored by:

W204 2011 C63 Radio not working issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2022, 06:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 C63
W204 2011 C63 Radio not working issue

The Radio in my 2011 C63 AMG stop working with no sound no Blue Tooth, took the car to a sound shop and they said the amplifier was gone so I bought two different ones from EBAY with same part # but both do not work not sure if the amplifier and car needs to go to MB dealer to be re-configured or SYNC or something to get working for sound. Does anyone know if that has to happen for another amplifier is placed into the trunk and connected to the power and fiber, I though it might be a anti-theft thing or the ECU or Head unit might be SYNC somehow to the amplifier and if it does not match might not work with out a MB Tech using a computer with MB software to re-sync it or some thing please help to let me know if I need to take the units and the car to a MB dear ship.
Old 04-12-2022, 09:28 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
C63 amg
That happened to me, the new amp wasn't working until I changed the radio.
you might want to check the little plugs on the side of the trunk because they get old and water enters the trunk and damage the amplifier.
Old 04-12-2022, 09:36 AM

2011 C63
When you say changed the radio was that just the head unit that flips out or the entire stack which is the head unit and the command and control section below that holds the volume, channel changing buttons and so on?
Old 04-13-2022, 04:19 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
C63 amg
the command
Old 04-13-2022, 10:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 302 Likes on 194 Posts
10 C six trizzle
I dont know that I would trust your "sound shop". Amps on these car are plug and play. There is coding but it will work without it being changed regardless. Perhaps the fuse for the amp is blown or it has nothing to do with the amp at all. If any component in the fiber optic ring fails it will knock out the sound. Could be an amp, media interface, satellite radio module, headunit, some vehicles depending on options have more modules in the most ring as well. Best to take this to someone who knows what they're doing before you throw a lot of money at it with no results.
Old 04-13-2022, 10:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 302 Likes on 194 Posts
10 C six trizzle
Originally Posted by manuelsm
That happened to me, the new amp wasn't working until I changed the radio.
you might want to check the little plugs on the side of the trunk because they get old and water enters the trunk and damage the amplifier.
usually they don't go bad. The car gets in a wreck and body shops replace them with ones that don't seal, or they don't put them back. I can't tell you how many times I've had massive water damage repairs from this issue.
Old 04-14-2022, 12:04 PM

2011 C63
The care has not been in any accident I hardly drive it but on weekends and a few times to work, as I have a Honda Accord and that is better and cheaper on gas. I plan on taking to MB dealership and pay to have diagnostics and see what happens, I spoke with the parts dept and the Amp, if that is the issue, they can only get re-ferb and that is $700.00 now and in the old days the new ones where $2000.00. I will post with what I find out for others to have information.