Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bank 1 Misfire. No codes.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2022 | 02:13 PM

W204 C63
Bank 1 Misfire. No codes.

Well it seems like I got myself in a nightmare.

2013 P31 with 72k. Pulled a trigger on a Weistec stage 2 SC, stock injectors, ROW Airbox, MBH Headers with IPE Valvetronic exhaust. Did the CA Plates from 63motorsports since they started to make noise on cold start. Got the weistec tune and initially was told the ECM needed to be sent in due to issues with the ECM version I had. Weistec flashed it to another version and tuned it, they sent it back got her installed car ran fine minus some pulley issues but got that resolved.

Before the upgrades I did a compression test around 200 psi on all cylinders. One day went for a drive did a WOT no issues. I got to my destination put her in neutral and for fun blipped the throttle and she started misfiring and sounded as if its cammed. No CEL. Checked for vacuum leaks, nothing. Got it towed to my shop did a compression test Bank 2 200 psi across the board, bank 1 was about 160 psi the whole bank. Great.

Shoved a camera in that bank and you can see fuel sitting in each cylinder and piston heads are wiped clean from the spray pattern. Looks like bank 1 is just dumping fuel. So far in Bank 1 I replaced all injectors, spark plugs, up stream O2. Same issue.

I don’t have xentry tool so I figured stop dumping parts and take it to MB. Got a call they said they can’t communicate with ECM, weistec says they’ve seen this issue when ecm goes bad. They replaced and program the new ECU and same thing. Spoke to weistec they said to check timing and Cam Adjusters. Talked to MB they said they already checked timing and the CAs are fine. This would all make sense if the CA failed for whatever reason but not sure to believe if MB is doing their due diligence. Below is a video a friend of mine made RIGHT when it started to misfire. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_4278.MOV (8.89 MB, 32 views)

Last edited by C63AMGeez; 04-15-2022 at 05:03 PM.
Old 04-15-2022 | 04:31 PM

W211 E63 AMG
a bit painful to read all those works jumbled up together in one.

your ignition coils may have failed since you've already replaced the injectors and oxygen sensors. if that doesn't resolve the issue then the tune may be an issue and i'd recommend flashing back to factory tune to see if that resolves the issue.
Old 04-15-2022 | 04:59 PM

W204 C63
Originally Posted by eightysixtuned
a bit painful to read all those works jumbled up together in one.

your ignition coils may have failed since you've already replaced the injectors and oxygen sensors. if that doesn't resolve the issue then the tune may be an issue and i'd recommend flashing back to factory tune to see if that resolves the issue.

I tried splitting it up the best I can I just went ham on my phone.

The ECU was replaced which has the stock tune. Same results.
Old 04-15-2022 | 05:19 PM

W211 E63 AMG
new ignition coils?