C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to purchase 2010 C63 with no history - what all to get completed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2022, 12:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 C400
Question Looking to purchase 2010 C63 with no history - what all to get completed?

Hey all, as thread states I am looking to purchase a 2010 C63 with under 40k miles from a MB dealer, they did basic pre-purchase inspection and confirm there is no maintenance history from previous (one owner) - guessing head bolts were never updated. If end up purchasing my goal is to get head bolts replaced through dealership (due to negotiated cost of service). They would replace the bolts with MB OEM upgraded ones, should I be requesting Weistec and would they even go this route?

What else should 12yr old / 40,000 miles C63 require/check at this point that I can have them complete while they are under the hood?

Thank you in advance.
Old 05-09-2022, 11:41 AM

Received 109 Likes on 86 Posts
2014 C63
The updated MB bolts should be just fine. The thing I'd be concerned with is the history of oil changes and wear on the cam lobes. Although you should be fine with only 40k.

40k service on these cars is:

Service B (oil change, cabin filter, air filters - some other misc things like lube of the sun roof, door locks, and wiper blades)
Transmission service
Rear diff service

I would check to see if those have been included or already done.

Long term, the camshaft adjuster plates will wear out and the PCV valve, idler pulleys, and motor mounts will need to be changed around 60-80k depending on conditions and driving habits. Some people replace the fuel injectors as well due to an issue where they may get stuck open and flood the cylinder with fuel. I changed mine around 65k.
Plugs are supposed to be done at 60k but mine looked fine at that mileage, I did them anyways.