C63 AMG (W204) 2008 - 2015
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about shift shock of MCT transmission.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2022 | 02:18 AM

C63 AMG
Question about shift shock of MCT transmission.

My car is a 2013 W204 C63, and I bought it used.
I recently replaced the valve body with a remanufactured part at a Mercedes-Benz service center, after which I did one more the transmission adaptation.
Most of the shift shock has been resolved, but the shift shock that seems to be pushed from behind while the car is almost stopped in sport mode is still unresolved.
I would like to know if this is a characteristic of this model or if it has not been properly repaired.
More precisely, when the vehicle is decelerating rapidly, the downshift occurs earlier and the phenomenon does not occur.
However, if the vehicle is decelerated slowly, after shifting from 2nd to 1st gear is completed, there is a phenomenon that the vehicle bounces forward.
This doesn't happen in comfort mode, it only happens in sport mode (probably because comfort mode doesn't use 1st gear).
Is this the original characteristic of this model? Or is it a part that needs additional repair?
Thanks in advance.
Old 05-18-2022 | 03:21 AM

W204 C63
It sounds like the car may have a tune, try to see if you can put it back to stock. I use to have this same issue and it was resolved with a proper tune. Hit up Barry from eightysixtuned.
Old 05-18-2022 | 09:30 AM

2012 C63 P31 Sedan
Originally Posted by C63AMGeez
It sounds like the car may have a tune, try to see if you can put it back to stock. I use to have this same issue and it was resolved with a proper tune. Hit up Barry from eightysixtuned.
I echo this experience as well. I had the same symptoms with the Eurocharged V7 tune I had originally. I later switched to a tune from Barry (Eightysixtuned) who tunes via HP Tuners, and my issue is mostly resolved (it won't be 100% like a traditional automatic, as the MCT "start-up clutch" is always a little jerky).

Otherwise, if you have the programmer to switch back to stock, that would likely help greatly. That's how I diagnosed my issue as being the EC tune.
The following users liked this post:
eightysixtuned (05-18-2022)
Old 05-18-2022 | 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

12 C63BS Magno Alanite Grey, 22 X3M Brooklyn Grey, 08 BMW E93, 22 Ducati Desert Sled, John Deere 3R
Ya sounds like how my Eurocharged V7 tuned car shifted and was why I removed the tune and didn't tune my 507, had more power and less drivability.