Sponsored by:

Tune help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2022, 08:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C63
Tune help

Alright everyone so I’m ready to get a tune. Anyone recommend a certain website? Euro charge seems to be the go-to. Anyone have a my genius handheld they want to sell? Anyone recommend adding a burble tune? Can euro charge throw this in on a file? Someone told me i have to have tokens to unlocked tcm/ecm but I’ve not seen that anywhere 🤣 any advise/help would be great!
Old 05-24-2022, 09:06 PM

Received 109 Likes on 86 Posts
2014 C63
Check out Berry who is a member here. I'm sure he will chime in.
The following 2 users liked this post by skullbox15:
AMGSPY (05-24-2022), hachiroku (05-25-2022)
Old 05-25-2022, 08:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 693 Likes on 472 Posts
12 C63BS Magno Alanite Grey, 22 X3M Brooklyn Grey, 08 BMW E93, 22 Ducati Desert Sled, John Deere 3R
Originally Posted by Kadinc63
Alright everyone so I’m ready to get a tune. Anyone recommend a certain website? Euro charge seems to be the go-to. Anyone have a my genius handheld they want to sell? Anyone recommend adding a burble tune? Can euro charge throw this in on a file? Someone told me i have to have tokens to unlocked tcm/ecm but I’ve not seen that anywhere 🤣 any advise/help would be great!
To answer a few of your questions, buying a my genius is almost worthless as you have to pay to get them unlocked if already used and costs as much as most places charge you for a new one, a lot of people run Eurocharged, it is probably the cheapest option (PM them on MBWorld for their best price) and they will add farts and bangs if you really want and you can put the tune on and off yourself.

If you want to step up from that, contact Barry at eightysixtuned (pm him here also) and he will do a custom tuned which will ultimately give you a better outcome but will cost a bit more also. That is where the tokens come in he will direct you but you need to use hptuners and buy some tokens and OBD connector for him to be able to tune the car.
The following users liked this post:
hachiroku (05-25-2022)
Old 05-25-2022, 08:39 AM

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts
AMG C63
I'd research that Eurocharged benchmark a little more...I've found more problem threads than success threads as of late in the sense of everyone finding something to complain or gripe about their tunes from big to small, dyno or mail order.

You really need to consider the myriad of factors outside of the novelties of a tune in order for you to end up in a good spot.

You either spend money on a quality tune from the expensive tuners or you end up with what you paid for with the other off the shelf plug n play madness.

Pick the former for best results.

Good luck!!!
hachiroku (05-25-2022)
Old 05-25-2022, 09:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
C63
Originally Posted by roadkillrob
To answer a few of your questions, buying a my genius is almost worthless as you have to pay to get them unlocked if already used and costs as much as most places charge you for a new one, a lot of people run Eurocharged, it is probably the cheapest option (PM them on MBWorld for their best price) and they will add farts and bangs if you really want and you can put the tune on and off yourself.

If you want to step up from that, contact Barry at eightysixtuned (pm him here also) and he will do a custom tuned which will ultimately give you a better outcome but will cost a bit more also. That is where the tokens come in he will direct you but you need to use hptuners and buy some tokens and OBD connector for him to be able to tune the car.
could you forward me their usernames? I searched for Barry and couldn’t find him.
Old 05-25-2022, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 693 Likes on 472 Posts
12 C63BS Magno Alanite Grey, 22 X3M Brooklyn Grey, 08 BMW E93, 22 Ducati Desert Sled, John Deere 3R
To be honest Barry @eightysixtuned must be sleeping in today, usually if you just start a thread and write tune he will be first to respond, but you have his info now. Not sure what eurocharged is but just search and you will find a thread they commented in or started usually they have a sale thread around every holiday. I am mostly going to hold my opinion but I have had a car with Eurocharged v7 on it and if I was going to tune my car today, I would be calling Barry.
hachiroku (05-25-2022)
Old 05-25-2022, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 546 Posts
W204 C63 Coupe, W166 ML350 BlueTEC, 928GT, C5 Z06 & IS300 race cars, EQE 4Matic+ on order
Barry's user ID is @hachiroku. I wouldn't bother with pre-canned tunes at all - get Barry to do a proper tune for your car if you want to be happy.
hachiroku (05-25-2022)
Old 05-25-2022, 12:22 PM
SPONSOR

Received 801 Likes on 571 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
Thanks guys! We're in contact now.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com