Getting High-Res Audio on W204 C63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2022, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 W204 C63 AMG
Getting High-Res Audio on W204 C63

Hi all,

I hope this post finds you well. This forum has been such a help throughout my C63 ownership, so thank you!

I bought my 2008 C63 about a year ago, and while it's a great car, I've been a bit disappointed with the sound system. I'm looking for suggestions on how to improve it without extensive work.

My car is optioned with the higher end Harman Kardon sound system. It was originally equipped with the iPod connector, but a previous owner broke it, so I elected to replace it with the hidden AUX connector, as described here. To allow for Bluetooth, I also purchased a high quality Bluetooth-to-AUX
adaptor adaptor

Playing music through this set up sounds good, but not as good as I expected from an HK system. In order to pick up on details, like smaller effects or vocals, I have to turn the volume up fairly high, but by that point the rest of the music is too loud for listening to be comfortable. This is the case whether using my current Bluetooth-to-AUX system, a wired AUX connection, or playing from a CD. The EQs on both my car and my music player are flat.

What I have noticed is that playing with the Logic 7 surround setting can make a difference. Namely, when I turn it off, the music's details largely come back - However, turning Logic off also strips the music of some of its "fun," as the sound is less immersive. (That said, even without Logic turned on, the music is still surround, just less noticeably so.)

All of this is to say that I think the issue I'm facing is not hardware-related (such as a bad adaptor, AUX input, etc.) but software-related (i.e. how Logic processes audio). I'm wondering if anyone has found a way to customize their audio settings, either on the car or on their music player, to gain more clarity while retaining Logic's surround sound.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help.